Performance Marketing Manager at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
- Are you innately curious, creative, and performance obsessed?
- Do you get energy from working towards a common goal with a team?
- Do you love optimizing campaigns to achieve the best results?
We’re looking for a data-driven Performance Marketing Manager to continue accelerating growth across Justworks’ performance marketing channels. As a seasoned performance marketing expert, you will be hands-on in the planning, development, and execution of all digital channels. You will be expected to deliver against aggressive business goals, which include managing investment efficiency.The ideal candidate has a passion for the digital media landscape and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of every step in the marketing funnel. You’ll bring to the team a strong sense of curiosity, open-mindedness, flexibility, entrepreneurship and self-starter mindset. You are someone who is highly analytical, creative, with a flexible growth mindset to the role that will allow us to scale the program and successfully capture demand.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Own the paid media strategy, budget management, and support the execution of demand generation activities across digital marketing channels, including: paid social, paid search, affiliate, display, re-targeting, and video advertising
- In partnership with digital agency, oversee campaign deliverables, including structuring and targeting improvements, keyword and audience expansion, landing page testing, search query mining, and improvement of the bid management process
- Manage reporting, budgets, forecasts, and prioritization of initiatives to deliver on revenue and marketing efficiency targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Improve conversion funnel through A/B testing, drive qualified traffic, and recommend improvements for growth
- Communicate performance to key stakeholders to promote understanding of performance marketing strategy, ROI and opportunities
- Partner closely with the Market Response Team to ensure leads are being properly distributed, worked, converted into opportunities and to ensure lead quality is maximized
- Work with internal and external creative teams on ad strategy to maximize lead generation across all platforms
- Constantly learn about social trends, identify untapped opportunities within social and digital platforms, and educate agency and teammates about them
As Performance Marketing Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Business insight- applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals
- Functional expertise-subject matter expertise of specific function(s), including knowledge of principles, practices, and domain knowledge.
- Nimble learning-actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Adaptability-the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Clear communication-the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 6 years direct experience in digital marketing, performance marketing, and/or paid media
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing a digital media agency
- Deep understanding of performance marketing with special focus on: Google, Affiliate networks, video advertising, and Facebook ecosystem with a proven track record of successfully driving campaign strategy and efficient demand at scale across multiple platforms simultaneously
- Confident presenter and storyteller who can effectively convey POVs, results, and strategies to internal teams and stakeholders
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills are key to this position. Must have demonstrated fluency in acquisition metrics with a creative problem solving and roll up your sleeves mindset
- Direct experience managing and optimizing a multi-million dollar performance marketing budget
- Experience working cross-functionally with various stakeholders and managing projects across multiple teams
- Excellent communication, collaboration, project management, organizational and time management skills are essential along with strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of how to analyze data and leverage insights to drive results
- Experience in Salesforce CRM, Google Analytics, Excel, SQL, Tableau, strongly preferred
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment