Performance Marketing Manager at theSkimm
theSkimm is a membership-based organization dedicated to helping female millennials live their smartest lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information and tools they need to make empowered choices across news, civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of women across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm marketing team is a group of fast-moving, data-driven and creative thinkers who nurture and grow theSkimm brand and community, while driving membership and engagement across all platforms. The Performance Marketing Manager role will help to drive audience acquisition and retention through our organic and paid channels.
The Performance Marketing Manager will report to the Vice President, Growth Marketing. We’re looking for an extraordinary performance marketer who has a proven track record of driving significant growth through execution of performance marketing campaigns. You will be responsible for helping drive strategy, building and managing campaigns across a variety of digital and offline channels and working with cross functional teams to acquire and retain Members. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, innovative, problem solver who gets things done and is excited about growth.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Campaign management and optimization: execute on growth marketing initiatives across all organic and paid channels, including but not limited to: FB ads, LinkedIn, email, SEM, SEO, Podcasts, Display and more;
- Perform a CAC/LTV analysis holistically and per channel to provide recommendations for CPA goals and budget allocation;
- Budget and forecasting: Develop monthly/yearly forecasts and data based media plans for individual campaigns/channels and holistically;
- Customer focused and data driven: Utilize data and insights to have a deep understanding of theSkimm’s top performing audience, customer lifecycle, acquisition funnel, and identify opportunities for growth - optimization and new channel exploration;
- Reporting: Own performance marketing reporting and provide actionable insights back to relevant stakeholders. Collaborate with the data analytics team to ensure tracking and channel attribution
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 3+ years of full-time experience in performance marketing roles with a proven track record of driving growth;
- Strong project management skills with experience executing marketing campaigns;
- Proficiency in Excel, Facebook Ads and Google Ads, Google analytics, Looker, and other industry standard optimization tools as well as tracking platforms;
- Exceptional organizational, budgetary and time management skills;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify trends and provide action oriented insights;
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally, specifically with product and design teams;
- Passion for theSkimm's brand and products;
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- One Medical Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.