Greater NYC Area
Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible to all, and we're using modern software practices to diagnose, treat, and monitor orthodontic cases. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
We are looking for a Public Relations Manager to join the Candid™ team to develop and lead communication initiatives across all areas of our brand. We’re building a best-in-class consumer/healthcare brand and are looking for a PR Manager who has experience coordinating press and public relations partners, managing external agency relationships, and has networks within the media world and knows how to expand them. You’ll partner with our Growth, Marketing, Design, and Business Development teams to grow our visibility nationwide. You will report directly to our VP of Marketing in our NYC HQ.
What You’ll Do
- Organize and coordinate all press needs, including interviews, events and photo shoots.
- Manage external agencies for content around store launches, national events, and other stories
- Cultivate and strengthen key relationships with media, publicists, editors, influencers and bloggers
- Create and execute a scalable and impactful PR planning process
- Partner with our design teams to craft unique storytelling strategies and ideas as it relates to campaign development
What You’ll Need
- 5-7 years of experience working in Public Relations, preferred experience in the DTC space
- An established network of media and industry relationships
- Experience planning and executing PR strategy
- Knowledge of different media channels and what type of content resonates best with specific users
- Ability to travel for the role when needed
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.
Read Full Job Description