At Teachable we empower creators and entrepreneurs to transform their knowledge and experience into online courses. We’ve got 7 years of incredible creator and staff stories just waiting to be told and we’re looking for an experienced PR strategist who excels at creative storytelling and has a keen eye for stories that resonate with the media and engage our audiences.
In this founding role you’ll have the opportunity to craft Teachable’s PR strategy from the ground up. You’ll partner with our marketing, sales, leadership, and product teams to get the word out on everything from our latest product releases to inspiring creator success stories, to fundraising news and beyond. You’ll report to the Head of Brand and Content Marketing and sit on the larger Marketing team but this is a truly collaborative, cross-departmentally focused role with the potential for growth and leadership.
- 5+ years of professional experience in public relations, marketing, or communications. PR agency background preferred
- Extensive PR experience, ideally in tech, ed tech, or SaaS but open to other industries given relevant experience and proven results
- A confident pitcher with proven results getting coverage in national press outlets
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills and a high level of strategic thinking
- An impressive roster of past features
- Knowledge and experience with various social media platforms
- Experience in digital marketing/communications
- Strong passion for entrepreneurship and education
- Superior writing, research, presentation, and project management skills
- Ability to manage and/or collaborate with internal and external cross-functional groups and brand partners
- Established media relationships across traditional and new platforms
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Creative storyteller who can capture the unique voice and personality of the Teachable brand
- You have led internal and external communications efforts and have experience in crisis management
- Lead Teachable’s consumer PR programs and establish a regular cadence of media coverage around our products and focus areas
- Work with the broader team and the Teachable community to tell their stories through content using traditional and social media channels
- Use strong writing and communication skills to develop press releases, pitches, bylines, and various other written communications
- Develop relationships with key media and manage press opportunities - including staffing interviews, developing background bios, briefing executive spokespeople, and tracking for the coverage
- Partner with the social media strategist to amplify PR campaigns on Teachable’s social channels to reach our customers
- Report on quarterly measurement and analytics
- Drive media coverage that educates and makes Teachable relevant for consumers
- Analyze consumer insights and translate them into compelling narratives
- Prioritize & coordinate inbound media inquiries
- Build and maintain a robust media database
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Flexible work policy beginning Sept. 1, 2021
Employees may be designated as Flex (mainly work from home with in-office option), in office, or fully remote upon special approval.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.