Mulberry is disrupting the $50B product insurance industry with consumer-first product protection solutions built for ecommerce. Mulberry’s browser extension allows consumers to get free and affordable protection plans wherever they shop online, and retailers can embed protection offers seamlessly into their shopping experience to increase customer engagement and revenue. We are passionate about helping more consumers shop confidently, protecting their favorite products without the crazy markups and fine print gotchas all too common in the insurance industry. We are headquartered in NYC but have a hybrid office environment with teammates all across the US.
We are growing rapidly and looking for a creative and driven PR Specialist to join our marketing team. You will be responsible for crafting compelling stories, building relationships with media, and expanding the company’s brand awareness through news, thought leadership, speaking, and awards. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of PR or relevant marketing experience, with strong storytelling and collaboration skills, and a proven track record of content creation and pitching.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute a content-based strategy to elevate the company’s brand awareness
- Research and connect with journalists and bloggers to place stories about company news and thought leadership
- Draft and publish press release announcements and related content assets, such as images, data, or infographics
- Research and apply for relevant speaking and award opportunities
- Collaborate with internal teams and leaders on stories, bylines, and campaigns
- Partner with the marketing team to develop and execute brand awareness campaigns
- Monitor industry news and trends to identify timely PR and content opportunities
- Track and analyze effectiveness of PR programs and communicate insights to leadership
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a strong PR/communications background and be ready to roll up their sleeves, learn the company and industry, and become a strong brand ambassador.
- Content Star: Great written and verbal communication skills, with a detailed eye for editing. You love crafting engaging stories.
- Get Stuff Done: Dedicated, focused, and good at seeing things through to completion. You don’t shy away from hard work, you thrive on a challenge.
- Detail-Oriented: With great power, comes great responsibility. That means we need to trust you to catch the details and not drop the ball.
- Eternal Learner: Smart and curious, able to learn quickly, and move fast. You’re always looking to grow yourself and improve.
- Collaborative Nature: Great ability to build connections across teams, bring a team-first attitude, and collaborate effectively.
- Technical/Software Skills (PR tools, HubSpot, etc.) a plus
- Industry Experience (ecommerce, fintech) a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Equity in a rapidly growing Series B funded startup
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- 401k with company match
- Unlimited PTO (minimum 15 days off required)
- Paid sabbatical after 3 years of tenure
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Strong, vibrant, and fun culture, with lots of virtual outings!