Block is a renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Today, doing a home renovation is an abysmal consumer experience and not easy for contractors either. Block democratizes access to high-end design, while combining design, construction, and materials into a streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
Role and Responsibilities
As Producer and Creative Operations, you will support our Creative team that is responsible for:
- Vendor management: visualization, project photographers across geographies, brand shoots, illustration, copywriting.
- Asset management: Accessibility of where creative assets are, uploading, communication, documentation.
- Creative Operations: Tracking and resource allocation to support marketing, product, operations.
You will report into the Creative Director and work closely with other members of the creative team.
- Liaise between internal teams and your creative team to communicate and coordinate the delivery of projects and materials.
- Produce photo & video shoots with both internal and freelance creators.
- Create cost estimates and budgets for productions.
- Establish and maintain production schedules.
- Have a creative point of view on projects and be able to explain concepts, ideas and brand guidelines in a clear, friendly and convincing manner.
- 4+ years of experience producing content internally or at an agency.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- High level of discretion, diligence, confidentiality, and attention to detail.
- Experience working within creative team and managing designers, writers, artists, etc.
- Experience with aspects of lifestyle, interiors, architecture, design, or tangential industries preferred.
- Collaborative, results-oriented leadership experience and approach.
- Ability to prioritize projects and deadlines; adept project management skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Previous experience in a marketing or branding role preferred.