Product Marketing Lead
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
About the role
Over the last year, the Venmo marketing team has had the privilege of shaping the Venmo brand across the US. Now we’re looking for a Product Marketing Lead to help evolve how we bring Venmo’s product experiences to the world.
- Lead the product marketing function at Venmo - that means you’ll be a player and coach to a small but mighty team
- Develop and implement a best in class product marketing playbook for Venmo that’ll incorporate goals, audience segmentation, naming, product positioning & messaging, marketing channels, marketing assets and more.
- Develop go-to-market strategies for your own portfolio, executed flawlessly across every customer touchpoint to drive adoption of Venmo’s offerings across new and existing customers
- Be the subject matter expert on the customer, the product and the category
- Develop, evangelize and implement product positioning & naming, value proposition and messaging
- Work across all functions and external agency to deliver world class marketing assets - website, videos, stories, demos, presentations, experiences and more
- Partner with the product team for a comprehensive understanding of our future roadmap, our current offerings and continuously contribute to and keep track of their evolution
- Conduct, synthesize and apply user research studies to marketing initiatives
- Leverage category, competitive and customer insights to influence product strategy, testing, research and content
- Monitor competitors, industry shifts, emerging markets and the category overall to stay up to date, drive future growth and synthesize findings across team
- Develop and report on the marketing success metrics for all programs
- Be the product advocate and spokesperson for your portfolio - that means lots of presentations, storytelling and ,education for all internal and external stakeholders
- Love Venmo
- Have at least 10 years of marketing experience, at least 5 years in product marketing at a world class technology brand or driving early stage products to market
- Experience leading change management
- Experience in managing a small team
- Be a strong collaborator
- Be a great storyteller
- Be a resilient self starter that doesn’t take no for an answer
- Experience advocating publicly for product portfolio preferred (ie. Panels, Keynotes)
- Experience with highly regulated products or services is preferred
- Must have B2C experience (B2C & B2B is a bonus)