Product Marketing Lead
ABOUT THE COMPANY
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members’ routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. Our products and services help our members understand the world, feel connected to a like-minded community and make smarter decisions about the things that matter to them. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcasts "Skimm'd from The Couch" and “Skimm This” both reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching and our No Excuses campaign inspired more than than 200,000 people to vote in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we remain committed to helping our members tackle the big decisions in their lives, by giving them the information and services they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a team. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is looking for a Product Marketing lead to join our marketing team and help us build and launch the next generation of our membership products. These products will be the foundation of our long-term success, and you will play a critical role in their launch and growth. You will be the player-coach who works cross-functionally to bring new free and paid products to life and ensure they are adopted by our members. This role is equal parts strategic, creative, and performance driven. You’ll be responsible for defining the value propositions, building go-to-market strategies, developing loyalty and retention programs, and managing the overall success of the products in your portfolio.
You will be joining theSkimm’s marketing team - which sits at the intersection of our product, our brand, and our customers. We are a diverse group of fast-moving, hard working, data driven, creative thinkers who thrive on launching and growing products our members will love.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Develop value proposition, product positioning, and core messaging for our products, both free and paid
- Develop and execute end to end customer lifecycle marketing strategies (from top of the funnel acquisition initiatives, to conversion optimization tactics, to customer retention and loyalty programs)
- Own key growth and engagement metrics for your products
- Work with the brand team to ensure all customer touchpoints reinforce our brand promise and the value of a Skimm membership
- Partner with our product, insights, technology and design teams to drive product innovative, strategy, and roadmaps
- Work with the design team to develop content and assets (branding, social, email, ad copy, and web) for cross-platform marketing campaigns
- Leverage data-driven insights to inform our marketing strategy
- Own the end to end marketing and communication strategy for products within our ecosystem across all marketing channels (paid, social and O&O digital properties)
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 4+ years of digital product marketing experience, including experience launching new products and/or leading marketing efforts across the full customer lifecycle
- Strong, written and oral communication skills with the ability to break down complex digital products and explain them simply
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work cross functionally to develop and execute marketing campaigns
- Metrics driven, with extensive experience testing marketing tactics and messaging
- Experience working directly with product, engineering teams, UX and graphic designers
- Strong desire to understand consumer needs and motivations, coupled with radical customer empathy
- Familiarity with email platforms, personalization engines, CRMs, etc. and an understanding of HTML & CSS
- Experience working with subscription businesses and mobile apps is a plus
- Strong ability to execute and get sh*t done
- Passion for theSkimm’s brand, mission, and long term vision
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- Free One Medical Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY