Squarespace is looking for a strategic Product Marketing Manager to help further establish our product as the all-in-one platform to help people build a brand and bring their ideas to life. You will develop the positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategy for products that empower millions of individuals, creative professionals, and businesses to build an online and social presence. With an analytical approach and an understanding of the market, you will thoughtfully connect our product capabilities to customer needs. You have a deep interest in the customer journey, and are able to look at our suite of products holistically to identify opportunities for cross-selling. You will work with cross-functional teams on product launch and promotion strategy, communicating the value of Squarespace's products to all of our audiences. Areas of focus include Trial & Conversion Experiences, Content, and CRM.
This role is based in our NYC headquarters and reports directly to Senior Team Lead, Product Marketing.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market
- Define go-to-market strategies for new product launches and streamline the announcement process
- Build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives
- Create a consistent and compelling narrative across channels and product lines, maintaining strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plans
- Draw on qualitative and quantitative insights to understand product adoption, usage, and retention across customer segments
- Recommend new product ideas and marketing strategies
- Advise on competitive analyses and customer research efforts to understand key customer segments and define opportunities
- Partner with the Product team to help prioritize product development based on customer and market research
- Own internal communication of marketing initiatives
- Evangelize our products with the press, at events and through other channels to continue increasing awareness of Squarespace's product offering
- 3-4 years of marketing experience, with 2+ years of demonstrated success in a product marketing role, ideally in tech or a closely related industry and with a global focus
- Experience partnering with Product, CRM, and Content teams to deepen product understanding and retention among users
- Strong project management abilities to plan and execute complex cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and visual
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear and intuitive language
- Analytical, creative, and strategic thinking and a willingness to take calculated risks
- Customer focus, with a deep understanding of the value Squarespace provides for users
- Growth mindset, adaptability, and a drive for continuous improvement
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.