Product Marketing Manager - New Ventures at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a strategic Product Marketing Manager to help establish our product as the all-in-one platform bringing creative ideas to life. You will develop the positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategy for products that empower millions of individuals, creative professionals, and small businesses to build a sophisticated online and social presence. With an analytical approach and a deep understanding of the market, you will thoughtfully connect our product capabilities to customer needs. You will work with cross-functional teams on product launch and promotion strategy, communicating the value of Squarespace’s products to all of our audiences. In addition to working on new Squarespace products, this will also support Unfold, an app that helps anyone create elevated and engaging stories for social media with award-winning templates.
This role is based in our NYC headquarters and reports directly to Senior Product Marketing Manager - New Ventures. This is an opportunity to join our Marketing team at an exciting stage of growth and innovation globally.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market
- Determine go-to-market strategies for new product launches and refine the announcement process
- Build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives at a product line level
- Improve Squarespace and Unfold’s value propositions and use cases in customer-facing messaging
- Create a compelling narrative across channels, maintaining strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plans
- Draw on qualitative and quantitative insights to understand product adoption, usage, and retention across customer segments
- Recommend new product ideas and marketing strategies
- Advise on analyses and customer research efforts to understand key customer segments and define opportunities
- Partner with the Product team to help prioritize product development based on customer and market research
- Manage internal communication of marketing initiatives
- Evangelize our products with the press, at events and through other channels to continue increasing awareness of Squarespace’s product offering
- 3+ years of marketing experience, with 2+ years of demonstrated success in a product marketing role, ideally in consumer tech or a closely related industry and a global focus
- Strong project management abilities to plan and execute complex cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and visual
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear and intuitive language
- Customer focus, with a deep understanding of the value Squarespace and Unfold provide for users
- Mobile app experience preferred
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.