Product Marketing Manager
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
You’re a seasoned product marketer with experience launching and growing SaaS self-service products. You’re smart and get things done. Analytical and creative. Collaborative and independent. You work well with cross-functional partners, especially Product Management and Sales. You gather and leverage the insights of users and customers to create compelling product messaging that shapes their experience and influences their decisions.
What you’ll do:
You will be the dedicated Product Marketing Manager (aka Growth Marketing Manager) of Stack Overflow for Teams. Your job is to serve developers by growing sign-ups for Stack Overflow’s private Q&A for small and medium-sized companies. You will also work with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, UX, and developers to help evolve the core Q&A experience.
- Partner with Product, Content, Digital, and Communications to identify and execute effective strategies for increasing traffic to Stack Overflow for Teams.
- Monitor the top-of-funnel (traffic, sign-ups, and trial conversions), identifying opportunities to optimize conversion at each step of the funnel and working with the Product Manager to implement your recommendations.
- Conduct user and customer research to uncover rich insights to inform product decisions and messaging.
- Develop, manage, and execute the go-to-market playbook for new products and features, collaborating with Product, UX, Marketing, and executive stakeholders to determine effective launch strategies to drive trial, engagement, and customer happiness.
- Create product narrative and positioning to distinguish our offering from competition and adapt core messaging for web and email.
- Partner with Product and Community Management to build new features and increase engagement on stackoverflow.com.
- Establish domain expertise: Develop a deep understanding of how developers use Stack Overflow for work and what their needs and pain points are.
- Determine, measure, and report on KPIs for all of your initiatives.
What you’ll need to have:
- 3-5 years of product marketing experience
- Experience launching and optimizing self-service subscription products, ideally including pricing and packaging
- Excellent writing skills and a passion for product storytelling
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use Google Analytics to monitor and understand traffic flow and conversion rates
- Experience in user/customer segmentation, research, and persona development
- Experience leading complex, multi-stakeholder projects from start to finish
- Experience working with Product Management, UX Research, and Design
- Empathy for, and understanding of, developers (how they think, work, communicate, and find solutions)
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.