Product Marketing Manager
Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time and money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We’re registered as a public benefit corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A and are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, and QED Investors—and our first partner is Yale University.
As Summer’s Product Marketing Manager, you will collaborate with marketing, product, and sales to attract new users and help them tackle their student debt by using our tools. Your role at Summer:
- Understand Summer’s product offerings and how they address borrowers’ needs
- Be an expert on our competitive landscape and proactively identify areas of opportunity
- Lead cross-functional efforts to bring new features and products to market
- Develop product positioning and messaging that highlights our differentiation across multiple marketing touchpoints
- Coordinate email outreach to both new and existing borrowers
- Build product marketing programs that raise awareness and drive user growth
- Track and improve funnel metrics across product offerings
- Creatively work with the product and borrower success teams to collect user feedback and bring it to life
As Product Marketing Manager, you will lead our efforts to position our product, guide its evolution, and communicate its value to student loan borrowers across the country. For success in this role, we are seeking a teammate with 5+ years of relevant marketing experience, including time at a consumer-facing startup. We will be evaluating your track record of building and scaling marketing efforts with a focus on analytical ability and product storytelling. Finally, we are excited to work with teammates who are equally passionate about applying their talents in a fast-paced startup environment to tackle a major social issue of our time.
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located next to Grand Central): empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, and fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers.
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!