Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $4.3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $42 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Better Marketing team is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager with a strong background in product marketing and project management. Working parallel to Product Managers, you will collaborate with our Product, Sales, and Marketing teams in all aspects of strategy, messaging, positioning, storytelling, go-to-market execution, and analysis. You will be responsible for not only bringing customers in through top of the funnel advertising channels, but partnering strategically with the rest of the org to make sure that the customer receives the right sales messaging and contact points, product experience, lifecycle marketing content, offers, and loan fulfillment experience to successfully fund a loan with Better and walk away a brand advocate.
This person will be part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment and will interact with people of all levels across departments, including direct collaboration with the Director of Marketing around campaigns for the audience they own. They’ll have the know-how to exercise discretion and professionalism while paying close attention to detail.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the go-to-market strategy to drive awareness of the new products and features that make the home financing process easier, faster, and more delightful for our customers.
- Partner with Product Managers to develop positioning and messaging that differentiates the Better experience in the market.
- Conduct research on the market, competition and customers to identify trends, pain points, and opportunities for growth. Have a strong baseline understanding of why we win or lose customers.
- Leverage research-driven insights to inform Product and Marketing roadmaps, and formulate key messaging and positioning to attract and convert customers
- Build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives at a product line level
- Work with respective channel owners to define, manage, and activate all of the necessary components to bring a campaign or launch to market, including paid, social, SEO, content, email, web, and PR.
- Be the expert on the end-to-end customer journey to ensure a consistent and positive experience at every stage. Work alongside the product managers and marketing team to identify other relevant engagement and activation points to drive conversion.
- 2-5 years in a product marketing manager role
- Obsessive about customers’ needs and wants and passionate about meeting those needs through creative storytelling and strategic go to market approach.
- You have a successful track record of researching target markets, defining messaging, and executing product launch plans.
- Experience leading strategy for integrated marketing campaigns across paid, social, SEO, content, email, web, and PR.
- Strong analytical ability, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Appetite for problem solving and a love for fast-paced, constantly-changing environments. The product marketing team is a relatively new org at a rapidly-growing company. We’re looking for someone who’s comfortable, and ideally excited by, evolution in role scope and responsibilities.
- You have big ideas and you get results!
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.