Public Policy Coordinator at Rhino
Rhino is charging into the real estate space to unlock over $190 billion in cash security deposits. We are building products, like our affordable insurance policy, to put money back in renters' pockets.
As a Public Policy Coordinator at Rhino, you’ll leverage engagement with local, state, and national elected officials, trade groups, and advocates to continue Rhino’s rapid growth. This role reports to the Director of Public Policy.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and grow a network of policymaker and advocate evangelists of Rhino’s work to address housing accessibility issues via pragmatic solutions
- Conduct research to identify ideal opportunities to introduce policymakers to Rhino’s solution and the “Renter’s Choice” legislative movement
- Develop relationships with multifamily housing thought leaders with the intent of increasing adoption of Rhino’s solution
In terms of qualifications, we’re ideally seeking:
- 1-3 years of experience working in city, state, or federal government with an understanding of policy making, legislative, and operational processes
- Strong research and writing skills, particularly the ability to distill complex information into concise, digestible memos or similar
- Experience with media monitoring and engaging with policy-focused reporters/editors
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills and the ability to lead engagements with elected officials, their staffs, and outside organizations
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Proven exceptional relationship building skills inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently and create goals and visions for delivery in ambiguous or new situations.