Public Relations Associate
Who we are
Big or small, all teams deserve the best. Justworks is leveling the playing field for growing businesses with access to corporate-level benefits, seamless payroll, HR tools, and compliance support—all in one place. With our simple platform and exceptional customer service, we are taking the busyness out of running a business and helping more teams achieve their potential.
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
The Public Relations Associate is equal parts writer, storyteller, news junkie, and media relations pro. You will develop and drive successful PR and strategic communications campaigns and lead proactive outreach around product, brand, and leadership storylines that build Justworks’ external visibility with the media and key audiences. If you have a knack for working cross-functionally with executives and colleagues at all levels, strong project management skills, and do your best work under tight deadlines, this role is for you.
What you'll do
- Create and pitch compelling stories that resonate with media
- Proactively build relationships with national and regional tech and business reporters
- Play an integral role on the marketing team, working cross-functionally to bring brand initiatives, product announcements, customer stories, and Justworks to life
- Support spokespeople for media interviews, external speaking engagements, and on opportunities for thought leadership
- Support development of press releases and market-specific messaging for product launches and key company news
- Evaluate and coordinate inbound press and interview requests, manage award opportunities for Justworks, develop talk tracks for owned panels and speaking engagements, and build out our speakers bureau for key executives
- Track and measure PR results against team benchmarks
- Own PR resources (media list database, press kit, briefing materials, fact sheets, etc.)
- Constantly follow the news and keep the team informed of industry trends, competitor activity, and news-jacking opportunities
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience with a PR agency or in-house team at a notable B2B brand or tech company, ideally with some relevant personal media relationships
- Proven track record representing brands externally and securing impactful media coverage (we will ask for samples)
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills, as well as an aptitude for independent project management and execution
- Ability to multi-task and execute top-notch work against tight deadlines
- Creative thinker who comes to the table with conversation-driven story ideas and media angles
- Familiarity with PR reporting and media database tools, such as Muck Rack, Cision, PR Newswire, etc.
- Passion for entrepreneurship, small business, or a side hustle is a plus
- Knowledge of AP style
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field required
Please provide a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples (examples of secured coverage is welcome).
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.