Public Relations Associate
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Public Relations Associate who will help tell Rent the Runway’s story through quality earned media placements. This candidate must be a hustler who is excited to protect, promote, and enhance the brand’s reputation through media, influencers, and internal communications. This role will assist the Senior PR Manager with a meticulous attention to detail, efficiency and passion for our mission. Ideal candidates will have had hands-on experience at a PR agency (internship and/or full-time).
What You’ll Do:
- Facilitating consistent, quality media placements around initiative launches, brand news, partnerships, evergreen storytelling opportunities and cultural moments to generate a steady drumbeat of earned press coverage.
- Tracking, clipping and reporting press coverage.
- Building media lists and researching relevant outlets, reporters, and influencers - always staying on the pulse of new/interesting opportunities for Rent the Runway.
- Writing press materials, crafting pitches and brainstorming creative storytelling ideas.
- Developing and maintaining a network of media contacts, proactively attending networking events or grabbing coffee/drinks with new and existing contacts.
- Coordinating media including interview requests, media reservations, media sampling, mailers, etc.
- Assisting with marketing + PR events including logistics, coordination and staffing.
- Maintaining calendar of upcoming events, thought leadership opportunities and awards
- Performing other administrative duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 - 2 years of PR or marketing experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize your to-do list, be resourceful and complete responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!