Public Relations Manager at Knotel
This position will be responsible for handling Knotel's relationships with the media, and creating messaging to build the Knotel story. This person is a quick thinker with excellent judgment, has the ability to work cross-functionally, and possesses top-notch writing skills. The PR Manager will work closely with the marketing team and the leadership team to ensure Knotel is publicly communicating business, product, growth, and corporate social responsibility initiatives and actively shaping the perception of flexible workspace in the broader commercial real estate market.
What You’ll Do
- Proactively build, cultivate and maintain relationships with key trade, business and lifestyle journalists who write about real estate, the future of work, and work culture
- Collaborate with senior management and various customer/market teams to mine stories for pitching efforts
- Work closely with global Knotel subject matter experts to refine corporate messaging and talking points; lead prep sessions with key internal spokespeople and staff media interviews and meetings
- Manage an aggressive volume of inbound inquiries from local and national outlets; ensure tight response times and consistency in tone and strategy
- Work cross-functionally with global teams and market general managers to synthesize information from the policy, product, business, marketing and leadership teams; support HR leadership with internal comms processes
- Promote marketing campaigns and other company initiatives to the relevant national and local media
- Schedule press interviews and develop prep documents and interview training protocol as needed for members of the leadership team
- Proactively submit speaking and award submissions and keep track of important industry events
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of experience in-house or at an agency
- Superb writing skills
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with many internal and external stakeholders to bring writing projects and events over the finish line
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Self-starting mindset and ability to produce top-notch work without a lot of supervision
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment
- Strong grasp of the commercial real estate environment and an interest in the future of work
- Passion for the Knotel mission
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace platform that matches, tailors and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200+ locations in four continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where people of any race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law can do their best work and fly their flag. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives further outlined here.