Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Real Estate Communications Director to manage Latch’s external communications with the real estate industry, including our customers, partners, events, and trade publications. You will be a core member of Latch’s quickly maturing Communications Department, and report directly to the VP of Strategy, Policy, and Communications. We are a fast growing company, and real estate communications has never been more important to our success. This key hire will play a critical role, with ample opportunity for career growth.
As the Real Estate Communications Director, you will work internally with Latch’s Office of Real Estate and Sales teams to adapt all of our corporate communications to the unique needs and sensibilities of the real estate industry, and create an ongoing stream of unique thought leadership content, while simultaneously owning our real estate communications strategy and content production. In addition, you will serve as a force multiplier for our trade PR efforts, working hand in hand with our PR agencies in shaping Latch’s narrative to ensure continued trade press coverage of the highest quality, and work cross-functionally within Latch to ensure all of our business’ work and communications are as customer-centric as possible.
You are exceptionally organized and detail oriented, capable of creating, adapting and distilling key messaging to specific real estate audiences, managing cross-functional projects and work streams end to end, and able to self manage and proactively communicate priorities. Strong writing and editing skills are essential.
- Manage Latch’s real estate content strategy and execution
- Manage Latch’s trade PR efforts
- Support Latch’s Office of Real Estate and Sales teams with content, strategy, and messaging
- Increase customer-centricity of Team Latch
- Represent real estate communications on cross functional teams (ex: product GTMs)
- 10+ years of real estate communications experience in a fast paced environment, preferably as a reporter or editor
- Deep expertise of the real estate industry and the technology trends disrupting it
- Demonstrated track record of going from idea to execution on multiple communications strategies
- Demonstrated track record of first class content production, including copywriting and copy editing of thought leadership content
- Demonstrated track record of PR success
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly collaborative and capable of working as part of a team
- Commands respect via contagious determination, humility, trust, and inclusion
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice