Datadog is the world-class monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Built by engineers, for engineers, our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
The Recruitment Marketing team is responsible for attracting top talent to Datadog around the world. As a function of the Recruiting team, we enable recruiters to scale the growth of our company size in being strategic business partners, matchmakers, sellers and marketeers, all wrapped into one. We contribute to the bottom line and have high visibility to leadership teams as we partner with our business leaders on building out our global teams with top talent within multiple business areas. You will have the opportunity to shape, mold, and impact how fast we grow, the way we’re viewed, and the candidate experience.
Looking to build and own an entire event marketing strategy and program? Then we want you to apply! As the Recruitment Marketing Manager of Events, you’ll be the point person in strategizing, implementing and executing global recruiting events at Datadog to build brand awareness and attract new talent to the company. Owning the entire event scope and lifecycle from conceptualization to candidate follow up, you’ll work closely with Datadog’s Business Recruiting team on both Datadog-branded as well as external partner events to help maximize visibility and amplify Datadog’s employer brand. Through creativity and collaboration, you’ll bring to life everything from large multi-location virtual events to more intimate in-person panels and fireside chats, and even office-wide launch parties as Datadog continues to grow around the globe, all while implementing marketing strategies to attract and engage with candidates both prior to and post event.
- Conceptualize, project manage and execute on all virtual and in-person recruiting events for Datadog’s global Business Recruiting team
- Drive Datadog’s global recruitment marketing events strategy with measured ROI through attendee sign ups, inbound applicant volume and overall brand engagement
- Own the event infrastructure, budget and product responsibilities; production elements including travel logistics, swag, venue research, etc.
- Collaborate with recruiting teams on hiring needs to fully understand current candidate personas by department and ensure events are on brand, on message, and attracting the right audience pipeline needs
- Train and enable recruiters and hiring managers to self-sufficiently manage their own small-scale events and process at scale, ie. networking sessions, career fairs, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with all areas of marketing, brand design, sales, finance, and legal to develop and execute effective marketing programs at events to drive lead generation and thought leadership
- Leverage additional marketing strategies such as paid advertising, partnerships and social media to promote events and encourage attendee sign ups and engagement
- Create and socialize a post-event follow up strategy and communicate program results of attendees converted into applicants, building a strong inbound applicant pipeline from event initiatives
- Act as a liaison between external recruiting partners and the Recruitment Marketing team to project manage partnership events and leadership speaker opportunities
- Promote and utilize analytical methods to establish and evaluate all programs, track all results and report on ROI to leadership
- Experienced in 4+ years of event management or a related field
- Confident in planning virtual and in-person events in a fast-paced environment
- Strong in your written, communication and presentation skills
- Incredibly organized and able to multitask while managing several vendors and logistics at once
- Skilled in project management with a strong sense of urgency and follow through
- Data-driven and results-oriented
- Team-centric and collaborative, while also autonomous and excited to build an events strategy from the ground up
- Creative in your problem solving and intellectually curious, always eager to learn new and innovative ways to attract and engage attendees
- Comfortable and adaptable in constant change, and skilled at remaining calm under pressure, quick thinking, and being the leader of the pack
- Passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time when needed
- Prior experience in running recruiting or candidate-focused events
- Knowledgeable of Greenhouse and Eightfold systems for applicant tracking and event management
Why You Should Apply:
- Part of a team being built from the ground up
- Global role with opportunities to travel when necessary
- Generous and competitive benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.