Research Manager at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 6+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
CLEAR is currently seeking a Research Manager to be part of the Public Affairs team. This person will assist CLEAR’s corporate communications, public policy, and government affairs efforts. The Manager will ideally be based in New York City, though consideration will be given to Washington, DC.
The mission of this role will be to leverage internal, industry, and consumer metrics to write data-driven narratives demonstrating CLEAR’s value to our users, partners, and other key stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
- Track developments across the travel and technology industries, producing internal analysis on their relevance to CLEAR
- Analyze competing secure identity and frictionless access solutions from a brand positioning and marketplace perspective
- Produce materials such as weekly trend reports, industry analysis, competitive intelligence, and issue specific briefings
- Contribute to presentations, working documents/spreadsheets/databases, and government affairs and corporate communications materials
- Use research insights to better hone our messaging demonstrating CLEAR’s value to users, partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Assist in establishing CLEAR as an expert and thought leader on consumer privacy and the future of travel by producing relevant reports, white papers, and blog posts
Who You Are
- 4-6 years experience working in public affairs, consulting, or corporate communications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study or relevant experience
- A strong writer with experience in competitive intelligence and technology industry research
- Experience with business or data analytics tools such as Salesforce, Looker, Tableau, Sentieo, Pitchbook
- Demonstrated understanding of national and state politics and legislative process
- Strong work ethic and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and organize time effectively