Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and remote-friendly for employees, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want innovators who are passionate about seeing our customers succeed at scale.
We are looking for an experienced marketer with a track record of improving customer retention. Reporting to the Director of Growth Marketing, you will play a pivotal role in creating and executing the customer retention marketing strategy at DigitalOcean and will work with a variety of teams, including Customer Success, Product, Analytics and others in Marketing, to execute the retention roadmap to increase customer engagement and ultimately reduce churn.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Building and executing the retention marketing plan: Serve as both the project manager and key contributor in the retention marketing roadmap which you’ll create and own
- Creating innovative solutions: Experiment with a variety of levers in the customer journey to help users overcome barriers, see full value in DO products, and become loyal customers who retain and grow
- Working cross-functionally: Work with channel and product owners to execute customer marketing and retention strategies
- Driving insights from customers: Partner with research team to understand customer pain points and develop tactics to improve insights we gain from customers
- Analyzing results to inform recommendations: Create reporting frameworks to measure success and partner with analysts to maintain reporting on key metrics (ex: churn across segments and lifecycle stage)
- Launching customer marketing campaigns: Ideate new multi-channel campaign opportunities and lead the creation of campaign requirements, from theme, to copy, to design assets
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Track record of driving customer success at scale, with emphasis on retention: Strong understanding of B2B and B2C marketing across multiple channels and experience marketing to large, technical user bases
- Collaborative expertise: Customer success is a team sport at DO, so a proven track record of working cross-functionally to execute improvements in the customer journey is a must
- Project management: Strong attention to detail and ability to understand and plan against cross-dependencies to drive projects forward
- Digital marketing expertise: Examples of marketing channel ownership, such as email marketing, paid advertising, or content/SEO
- Strong writing: Ability to write effective copy for a variety of channels, including email, advertising, website, and product
- Systems experience: Hands-on experience with marketing and analytics systems such as Marketo, Segment, in-app messaging tools, and Looker
- Strategic thinking: Experience developing multi-quarter plans anchored on key customer success metrics
- Domain experience: Experience marketing cloud solutions to businesses and/or consumers; familiarity with cloud infrastructure a plus
- Digital marketing experience: In the technology/software sector or agency supporting cloud solutions
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!