Search Engine Marketing Manager
SmartAsset is an award-winning financial technology company pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
We’ve been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
SmartAsset is looking for a results-driven Search Marketing Manager to oversee the strategy and execution of our campaigns on Google and Bing. The right candidate will be a direct response marketing expert fluent in performance marketing KPIs and obsessed with data analysis. They will understand how to assess PPC strategies at both a macro and micro level, employing advanced tactics to capture high-intent traffic and optimize continuously to greater scale and profitability.
The right candidate will have 4-5 years of experience managing PPC campaigns in a direct response setting, either for an ecommerce or lead generation company. He or she will be 100% focused on driving conversions efficiently and will be responsible for executing strategies to hit aggressive growth targets.
- Develop, execute, and monitor initiatives to increase conversions, revenue and profitability from paid search
- Full funnel search marketing: strategy, ads, bids, landing pages and reporting
- Ongoing account optimization, including structure and targeting improvements (geo, demographic, audiences, day-parting, keyword and URL), search query mining, keyword expansion, negative keywords and improvement of bid management processes
- Analyze and use data to create testing hypotheses and make informed decisions across all dimensions of the account
- Conduct competitive analysis, prepare reports on findings and share the results with others.
- Work closely with vendors to ensure appropriate support and to keep abreast of product releases and new available features
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-5 years of experience executing and optimizing direct response campaigns through keyword footprint, bidding, experience testing and targeting on Google and Bing
- Experience with running A/B split tests, calculating significance, tracking results, summarizing learnings and iterating into new ideas
- Advanced knowledge of SEM strategies, tactics and engine-specific functionality
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Leverage data to make intelligent, actionable business decisions.
- Ability to articulate test hypotheses and report on results on a weekly basis to management
- Catered lunch three times per week
- Casual dress code
- Weekly happy hours
- Regular team social activities such as a company book club, sports leagues, community service opportunities and more
- Benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k)
- Professional education reimbursement program