Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Lead - Guardian Direct at BCG Digital Ventures
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Alongside our corporate partner, BCG Digital Ventures is launching a insurtech startup, Guardian Direct. At Guardian Direct, we are working to define the future of insurtech by democratizing insurance for everyone. This is a chance to be among the first in an industry is now being disrupted by technology to help make insurance accessible to everyone. We are obsessed with measuring results, and we see every project as an opportunity to learn. If you enjoy working on stuff that moves the needle and have a passion for tech that empowers consumers, we might have the role for you.
Ready to join a team of bold and passionate builders to do your best work yet?
Guardian Direct, a corporate-backed insurtech venture based in Hudson Yards, New York, is looking for a SEO Lead. We are energized by our mission to create an exceptional customer-centric digital insurance marketplace. You’ll join a team of marketers, designers, engineers, product experts, and data strategists working together to realize this vision. You will have a chance to build on an existing strong foundation of engaged customers and fuel future growth. Join at the ground floor with a great team and play an important role in building the future of insurtech.
In This Role You Will:
- Manage all organic search engine optimization and marketing activities, including content strategy, link building and keyword strategy
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and track traffic growth against core KPIs
- Co-create search strategy with Paid Search team to achieve the highest visibility within search engines in paid or organic placements
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Set-up and run ongoing audit process to ensure optimal SEO code is in place
- Develop and maintain content calendars for SEO growth based on optimization learnings
- Monitor changes to Google search algorithms and make appropriate strategy change recommendations
- Be lean in how you operate, always improving, always aligned to the bigger picture
You Should Have:
- Proven SEO experience, up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO
- 5+ years of professional experience in industry, consulting, or agency
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics) and SEO tools (e.g.,SEM Rush)
- Solid knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Ability to think strategically and quantitatively: analyze and take actions, including proficiency in excel pivot tables and manipulating data sets
- A proven track record of personal success and ambitious undertakings
- Experience in a startup or venture-like operating model preferred
This Role Offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- 401(k) with generous match
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care
- Dynamic work environments that promotes ownership, collaboration and strategic problem solving
- A culture where doing the right thing, social responsibility, inclusiveness, and community involvement matter
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.