SEM, Sr. Marketing Manager
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities — something that couldn’t be more important right now in our world, and in the tech industry.
We are looking for an experienced SEM/SEO Manager for our Marketing team. Your main responsibility will be to own the growth of traffic and revenue with a large focus on growth inside and outside the US.
- Oversee and guide Search strategy
- Identify the keyword, and keyword phrases, to be targeted with the goal of page one rankings (web and mobile)
- Use detailed analytics to understand customer segments and performance in order to best expand and optimize search campaigns
- Perform day-to-day campaign optimization and management for Google, Bing, Yahoo
- Keyword research, analysis, bid management, budget allocation
- Optimize copy and landing pages for paid search engine marketing and search optimization marketing campaigns
- Ads, keyword, ad groups and landing page development
- On-site and off-site optimization recommendations and implementation
- Competitive analysis and market research
- Manage the SEM budget and allocate effectively within engines, campaigns, and keywords
- Monitor and analyze competitor activity and marketplace trends and adjust plans accordingly
- Use best practices and test-and-learn initiatives to optimize search engine performance
- Drive profitability via growth, optimization, creative testing and landing page testing
- Responsible for writing copy for all text based search ads and landing pages
- Set expectations and roadmap to achieve SEM KPIs to drive qualified traffic and acquisitions
- Daily, weekly, monthly campaign analytics, performance and reporting
- Manage campaigns towards CPA/ROAS and acquisition KPIs
- Work with Product teams to develop a comprehensive SEO strategy for both Organizer and Member acquisition.
- Drive the SEO strategy for marketing team
- 8+ years’ experience directly related to Search Engine Marketing (Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc.) and Search Optimization Marketing with a focus on performance marketing campaigns (CPA, CPL, ROI, ROAS.)
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Strong command / expertise in managing bid optimization platforms (DART Search, Kenshoo, Marin.)
- Advanced MS Excel fluency required (pivot tables, charts, vlookup, sumifs.)
- Experience in leveraging site analytics programs for SEM and SEO analysis / insights (Google Analytics, Omniture, CoreMetrics.)
- Familiarity with SyFu, SEM Rush, etc
If your experience fits some but not all of what’s listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?