Senior Account Based Marketing Manager at Cockroach Labs
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?About the Role
We are looking for our very first Account Based Marketing Manager to join the Cockroach Labs team. You will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of effective ABM programs that meet the growth objectives of the company, with a strong emphasis on driving pipeline generation exclusively for a top target account list. You will also drive strong partnerships with key stakeholders across the marketing and revenue teams.You Will
- Develop and implement target account strategy to support account-based selling through multi-touch marketing programs including field marketing events, direct mail, digital lead generation, and email nurture to deliver engaged leads to sales
- Partner closely with Product and Content Marketing to create account-specific content for high-value personalization throughout each strategic account/program
- Ensure alignment with sales leadership on priorities and areas of opportunity within key accounts and account planning sessions
- Own reporting and analysis on account-based marketing programs, ensuring programs perform against goals and are continually optimized
In your first 30 days, you will assess Cockroach Labs’ enterprise marketing efforts and learn about the CockroachDB solution, competitive landscape, and acclimate yourself with the DB buyer. During this time, you will also engage with the Cockroach Labs sales team and define the needs and roles of a successful account-based marketing program.
In the next 60 days, you will develop a strategy for our ABM campaigns across our regions and a plan for prioritizing areas with the most impact. You will evaluate new ABM tools needed to support our efforts.
After 3 months, you will be fully engaged with our field marketing programs and own the planning and execution with help from our sales team and event marketing manager. While you will continue to deepen your understanding of CockroachDB, you will be setting and implementing priorities in coordination with the Director of Demand Generation.You Have
- 3-5 years marketing experience in a role managing and developing integrated marketing campaigns ( ie. email, direct mail, print, online and /or social media)
- 2+ years running and building Account Based Marketing programs - including data-driven account selection, partnering with cross-functional teams, managing multiple deliverables, and tracking/reporting results
- Ability to analyze data to make performance improvements
- Strong understanding of demand generation and a track record of owning targeted, personalized campaigns
- Past experience using ABM Tools, particularly Engagio.
Reporting to Maria Toft - Director of Demand Generation
As a "left-brained" marketer with a passion for building things to last, Maria says that joining Cockroach Labs as the Director of Demand Generation was a no-brainer. Maria is responsible for executing our multi-channel strategies (digital media, events, etc.) to drive prospect engagement and customer activation. Outside of work, you can find her walking her dogs, playing tennis, doing yoga, and exploring the beautiful nature in New York State.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]