Senior Associate, Acquisition Marketing
Away is seeking a marketing associate to accelerate growth of our Offline & Broadcast Media channels. This role reports to our head of Offline & Broadcast Media, and sits on the Acquisition Marketing team.
The Acquisition team is a performance-driven squad of marketers. We manage Away’s paid media, acquiring new customers through thoughtful experimentation and rigorous optimization.
Working closely with other teams, we’re constantly learning and adapting in order to grow our customer base quickly, efficiently, and sustainably.
The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced team, eager to learn, and hungry to make an impact early in their career. This position is based out of our headquarters in NoHo, New York City.
What you’ll do:
- Help build a world-class Offline & Broadcast Media program, including: TV, Radio, Podcast, Direct Mail, Print, and more.
- Drive strategy for media buys and partner with agencies to support evergreen and campaign-specific initiatives.
- Assess new growth opportunities as they come up, developing quantitative models and evaluating them for fit against strategic goals and performance criteria.
- Work closely with our Creative team, generating briefs and providing recommendations to optimize performance and validate hypotheses for acquiring new customers.
- Partner with our Data & Analytics team to build dashboards, identify trends in performance, and refine our attribution methodology.
- Help define internal best practices for Offline & Broadcast channels, and push the performance boundaries of traditional media while building a compelling brand.
Who you are:
- You have 1-2 years of experience in a highly quantitative and analytical role, and are comfortable extrapolating from data, managing risk, and with structured problem solving in uncertain or ambiguous situations.
- You are very comfortable in Excel and can perform data analysis and visualization.
- You are an effective communicator and can hold your own in a negotiation.
- You are detail-oriented. You may have some experience managing projects.
- You are intellectually curious. You naturally tend to rapidly learn new skills, or master things that interest you.
- You love to travel (but that's a given).
- Competitive salary + equity, commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 100 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding led by Forerunner Ventures, Accel Partners, and Global Founders Capital.