Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The Engagement team is looking for a Senior Associate to support Digital member engagement campaigns.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing, executing and supporting digital campaigns across email, SMS, direct mail, and web to drive member engagement. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about learning new systems, has excellent attention to detail, and excels at multitasking.
In this role, you will work on the Engagement team and play a critical role in the work we do to improve clinical outcomes for our members. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders from teams across several different projects and markets, getting exposure to many different parts of the organization.
On a daily basis, you will maintain a production calendar for email, SMS, and direct mail. You will run the production processes within our digital platforms, building, copyediting, and QAing the email and SMS messages. You will maintain our lists and audience segmentation, and become our expert on the platforms and their functionalities. You will partner with our creative team and our vendor partners to implement new email templates, and manage performance reporting to help our teams understand what’s working best.
Requirements for the Role:
- At least 2 years running production for email and text programs, including industry best practices for email creative and templates, segmentation, dynamic content, and testing
- At least 2 years experience copywriting for consumer-facing audiences (voters, members, donors, constituents, patients, etc)
- At least 2 years experience updating websites through CMS platforms
- At least 2 years experience managing audience lists and segmentation efforts
- At least 2 years experience managing analysis of metrics
- Unbearable attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Light HTML/CSS experience -- enough to troubleshoot in the platforms when needed
- Ability to communicate across internal stakeholder and external vendor teams virtually
How We Define Success:
- In 30 days ....
- Fully onboard to the digital platforms (LuxSci, TextLine, Formstack, Commons, CMS), understanding:
- How to pull a list in Commons and import to platforms
- How to manage unsubscribes across LuxSci, TextLine, and Commons
- How to build a message in LuxSci and Textline
- How to update basic CMS modules
- Run full QA process on email and SMS platforms; begin hitting send without close oversight
- Build an operational form in LuxSci and in FormStack; integrate into CMS
- In 60 days and beyond …
- Create a process for production requests across all project and market teams to scale our impact
- Build out transparent, easy-to-understand editorial production calendar across several project teams
- Manage queue of requests and appropriately prioritize projects
- Build simple reporting processes across stakeholder teams
- Integrate new email templates into LuxSci
- Design testing process, in collaboration with Director and consultant teams
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Experience with healthcare data
- Experience with LuxSci or Textline
- Experience running direct mail programs
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.