About the Team
The Growth team at Harry’s manages digital and offline marketing channels to acquire new customers and drive sustained, profitable growth for the Harry’s brand in North America. Our mission is to build delightfully personalized experiences in grooming that leverage the direct relationships we have with our customers to make their lives easier. We are directly responsible for the P/L of the direct-to-consumer and Amazon lines of business, and focused on omni-channel performance into the future. We are an enthusiastic group of hard-working individuals who think strategically about how to scale Harry’s in a measured, cost-effective manner.
About the Role
You will own the strategy, creative development, execution, and optimization of several key paid marketing channels for Harry’s, including Search & Shopping to start, and expanding to include other channels across time (e.g., Display, Direct Mail). You will work directly with a best-in-class Growth team and cross-functionally with other teams at Harry’s to identify ways to profitably grow the direct-to-consumer business.
Commitment: This is a full-time position based in NYC with flexibility to work remote in 2021.
- Define strategy, manage, and efficiently scale customer acquisition driven through paid marketing channels: Search and Shopping to start, plus ownership of one other channel within first 6 months.
- Independently perform daily bid, budget, creative, and keyword optimizations while monitoring and reporting out on trends in key performance metrics.
- Develop a learning plan of testable hypotheses to improve efficiency of ad spend.
- Collaborate with designers and copywriters to produce high-performing ads & landing pages.
- Conduct in-depth data analyses, draw actionable insights, and distill key takeaways.
- Set and manage monthly and yearly goals for profitable growth in new customer acquisition.
- Stay on the cutting edge: compile industry research, competitive landscape information, information about new tools; produce recommendations for how we can take advantage of these.
- Manage relationships with external partners and internal teams at Harry’s including Web Design, Product & Engagement, Creative, Brand, S&OP, Insights, Analytics, and others.
This might describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years work experience in an analytically challenging role, preferably hands-on growth marketing campaign management at a DTC / ecom company or performance media agency.
- Intensely data-driven in your approach to solving problems, with a persistent desire to look for opportunities through data analysis, go multiple levels deep, understand, and take action.
- Hustle mentality; highly self-motivated and self-directed in your work with a bias towards action and a willingness to take on tasks no matter how big or small.
- Insatiably curious and motivated by learning and mastering new things; constantly testing & learning to figure things out; willing to take calculated risks to move forward.
- Ability to independently prioritize time and stay organized in a fast-paced work environment.
- Clear, concise communicator who can tailor a message to any audience; asks good questions.
- Skilled in Excel; Experience with Google Analytics, AdWords, FB Ads Manager, Looker is a plus.
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive feedback
- Zero ego team player, always thinking about how to help those around you excel
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Who you will work with:
- Report to Sr. Manager on the Growth team
- Work side-by-side with a best-in-class Growth team
- Internal teams at Harry’s including Web Design, Product & Engagement, Analytics, Creative, Brand Marketing, S&OP, Customer Insights, Analytics, and others
- External vendors and agency partners who support across various marketing channels and tools
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.