Senior Associate, Email Marketing
Away is seeking a Senior Email Marketing Associate to develop, execute, and own a best-in-class email marketing program at Away. The right candidate is excited to be an early employee at a new venture-backed consumer brand and is eager to take on an array of responsibilities. This position is based out of our headquarters in NoHo, New York City and reports to the Head of Retention Marketing.
What you'll do:
- Build and optimize Away’s email content, cadence, and segmentation strategy for all promotional, triggered, and transactional email programs
- Regularly develop new ideas for engaging content for customers and prospects
- Work with the creative team to manage the development of email creative across various programs and oversee all aspects of the email process (e.g., briefing design and copy teams, creative review, routing, and deployment)
- Address potential technical issues affecting email deliverability and inbox placement
- Report on list growth and overall health of the email program; monitor deliverability and list hygiene to ensure optimal inbox placement.
- Ensure compliance with international opt-in requirements
- Work with customer insights and acquisition marketing teams to develop a better understanding of the Away customer, and develop strategies and content accordingly
- Develop strategies to drive subscriber sign-ups across multiple touchpoints
- Create a framework for measuring success for the email channel that aligns with overall retention marketing goals
Who you are:
- You have 2-3 years of experience as an Email Marketing Associate/Specialist or in a similar role. Prior startup or e-commerce experience and/or international email program experience preferred.
- You have deep experience with ESPs such as SendGrid, Klaviyo, Bronto, ExactTarget, and tools like Litmus or Return Path. Prior experience with Simon Data preferred.
- You understand the requirements for CAN-SPAM compliance as well as the nuances of email compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR or CASL)
- You have solid HTML / CSS knowledge
- You have a solid understanding of digital UX principles and a strong grasp of e-commerce storytelling and copywriting
- You have an eye for detail and process, ensuring emails are deployed perfectly for every batched or automated email send
- You’re a critical thinker that’s familiar with personalization, customization, and email optimization tactics to improve performance. You love testing and know how to quickly pivot based on results.
- You love email. Whether it's conferences, podcasts, white papers, or industry news, you're excited for the latest and greatest happening in the email world.
- You love to travel (but that's a given)
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 100 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding led by Forerunner Ventures, Accel Partners, and Global Founders Capital.