Senior Associate, Search Marketing
Away is seeking a search engine marketing lead to aggressively scale our paid search campaigns and coordinate search engine optimization initiatives across our e-commerce and editorial businesses. This role reports to our Sr. Director of Acquisition Marketing and sits on the Acquisition Marketing team.
The Acquisition team is an iterative, performance-driven squad of marketers. We manage Away’s paid media budget and systematically acquire new customers through efficient channels and tactics. Working closely with teams across our organization, we’re always coming up with new ways to reach new customers more quickly, effectively, and efficiently — all while building an enduring travel brand.
The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced team, eager to learn, and hungry to make an impact early in their career. This position is based out of our headquarters in NoHo, New York City.
What you’ll do
- Grow a world-class paid search marketing program and set up a foundational SEO program.
- Manage and efficiently scale our paid search campaigns across Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and other search partners and/or comparative shopping engines against aggressive CPA and ROAS goals.
- Improve auction competitiveness for top non-branded keywords across our domestic and international markets.
- Work with our digital product and engineering teams to coordinate technical SEO audits as needed, identifying and prioritizing opportunities that would have a major impact on influencing search visibility.
- Develop a robust link prospecting strategy with relevant internal teams to enhance search visibility, as measured by industry standard metrics such as Domain Authority and Trust Flow.
Who you are
- You have 2-3 years of experience in PPC. Prior high-growth startup, e-commerce, or agency experience for similar clients highly preferred.
- You are Google AdWords and Analytics IQ qualified, or can readily demonstrate comparable knowledge.
- You have experience with paid search tools at scale, such as AdWords Editor or Kenshoo.
- Bonus points if you are proficient in the daily use of technical SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, or Botify, and keyword research tools such as SEMRush and STAT.
- You have a deep understanding of ad auction mechanics, campaign setup, and ranking factors. Moreover, you can effectively translate this into actionable steps for executives, technical, and non-technical team members.
- You are very comfortable doing data analysis and visualization in Excel. You have direct experience or exposure to other tools, such as Looker and Tableau.
- You are intellectually curious and have a bias towards rapidly learning new skills or things that interest you.
- You love to travel (but that's a given).
- Competitive salary + equity, commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 100 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding led by Forerunner Ventures, Accel Partners, and Global Founders Capital.