We are looking for a seasoned marketer with a passion for building great brands to meet consumer needs. This role will help shape key priorities for the Flamingo Body Hair business (shave, wax, depilatories, etc.) in the US, our hero category for the Flamingo business in our biggest market. This person will be responsible for performing ongoing business analysis and planning, forming and driving continuous growth strategies including product innovation, and executing projects and mobilizing the organization to meet our key objectives. We are seeking a Senior Manager-level marketer with a strong general management mindset, a consumer-led approach to product and category innovation, a track record of developing strategies to grow a base consumer business and experience bringing products from ideation to market. You will live and breathe our brand and business, and help power its growth so ultimately consumers know us, join us, stay loyal to us, and advocate for us.
What You Will Accomplish
- Live and breathe the body hair category and our target consumer
- Be the go-to expert for all things body hair
- Deeply understand our target consumer’s evolving behaviors, emotions and needs in the space, and bring customer centric perspective to everything we do
- Stay connected to emerging category trends, broader cultural trends, competitor dynamics and translate those insights into “so what’s” for Flamingo.
- Manage the day-to-day body hair business
- Define body hair goals and priorities with Director of body hair and brand operations
- Manage ongoing category analyses of Flamingo’s body hair business and competitive performance to inform commercial go to market strategies, monthly forecasting inputs and P&L reviews, marketing plans, and longer term innovation roadmap.
- Own annual brand planning process for body hair category
- Drive body hair strategy in annual brand planning, bringing key stakeholders along throughout the process
- Translate competitive and market dynamics into commercial marketing strategies and execution plans that meet our business goals.
- Manage major initiatives in the body hair brand plan to bring them to life
- Drive and own body hair initiatives from brand plan with cross-functional team
- Write great briefs for R&D and packaging, brand communications, creative and design teams (synthesizing business context and key insights into a clear set of goals)
- Work collaboratively across the organization, partnering to understand other team's needs and interdependencies, anticipate fire-drills before they happen, over-communicate
- Lead status meetings, budget reviews, scoping sessions, etc. provide regular status reports, timelines and delivery calendars, risk/issues reports.
- Strategically partner on go to market development and communication
- Establish key jobs to be done, core insights into our consumer in this category and the distinct proposition that will excite them
- Partner closely with IMC/marketing/creative to share insights and help bring key launches and moments to life
- Drive body hair innovation and commercial strategy development
- Manage and execute near-term innovation projects through our internal capital allocation (CAM) or new production introduction (NPI) process
- Identify new product innovation territories and build body hair category innovation roadmap
- Approach key challenges and opportunities for the Flamingo body hair business with solutions across a variety of levers to drive the business forward: Proposition (consumer-facing point of difference vs. competitors), Packaging, Pricing, Product (innovations, new pack types), Place (channels, planograms, etc.), and Promotion (secondary displays, other incentive tactics, comms/paid media strategy).
- An experienced brand manager with a proven track record of building engaging and effective brand plans, innovation roadmaps and new growth strategies
- 7+ years of work experience in brand management and/or innovation, with experience in the CPG industry.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, brand-forward business
- Highly customer-centric, you deeply invest in understanding the consumer, their needs, behaviors, emotions in the space and translates those insights into opportunities, and you are someone who pushes to 2nd, 3rd and 4th order consumer truths to find differentiated insights and ways in.
- A creative problem solver, you can bring fresh and new ideas and translate consumer and market opportunities into powerful ideas for our business; able to think beyond the obvious; open minded to new ideas
- A clear communicator and storyteller, you’re able to sell people into a vision and bring them along on your thought process and strategy. You can build narratives that highlight key ideas, build business cases, and draw on consumer insights and brand strategy to build cases to internal stakeholders.
- Commercially-minded, you have a proven ability to drive insights into business impact. You are able to critically assess problems, thoughtfully frame and weigh trade-offs, bring data to bear to answer questions and develop an informed perspective on the path forward
- A strong collaborator and project manager, with a track record of scoping out projects, leading them effectively and delivering on time, with no ego
- A pragmatic do-er, you have the ability to be scrappy and creative with resources to maximize impact. You are able to work with imperfect information and are thoughtfully inclined towards action
- Somebody who takes great pride in your work but doesn’t take yourself too seriously
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.