Squarespace is looking for a Senior Marketing Business Analyst to join the Marketing Analytics team. You will help shape the Marketing strategy and uncover opportunities for growth through recommendations. The scale and scope of our marketing activities (from award-winning ad campaigns to multi-product CRM efforts to international partnerships) means you will attack complex, interesting, and impactful questions.
You will work with all Marketing functions to increase growth and expand Squarespace's user-base globally. You will be a central resource with ownership of multiple project lanes and support several data-centric needs, from designing reporting, to campaign experiment design, to data-driven guidance on international expansion. You will also work with our Data Science, Data Engineering, FP&A, and Product teams, partnering with your counterparts to surface insights and provide relevant recommendations that directly improve our business.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters and reports to the Senior Manager of Marketing Analytics.
- Partner across the business to support marketing programs and growth goals across US and international markets, report on performance, determine measurement approaches, produce insights and set strategy for new challenges
- Oversee data pipelines, including researching and validating data to enrich and enhance marketing data assets
- Manage and expand existing dashboards, surface insights to our users and democratize data access that empower teams to better understand and act on data
- Perform exploratory analyses on large volumes of data; extract, package and present insights to partners to inform marketing decisions
- Identify problems and opportunities through quantitative and qualitative data analysis and help support the teams in developing strategic solutions
- 4+ years experience in a Marketing Analytics, Business Analytics, Data Science or relevant data-driven support role
- Mastery of SQL, experience with Python, and experience working in databases (dimensional and relational), including data ingestion and transformation
- Experience with BI reporting tools through Looker, Tableau and Chart.io
- Experience developing analytical frameworks, metrics to measure ongoing performance and understand important performance drivers
- Experience providing analytical support / recommendations on international market expansion. Identifying opportunities for international growth through different marketing lenses
- Advanced Excel/google sheets skills including pivots, vlookups, ability to build complex formulas
- Knowledge of digital media
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.