Senior Communications Manager at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
We are currently seeking a motivated, strategic, media-savvy Senior Communications Manager to join our Marketing Team in New York City. The Senior Public Relations Manager — reporting to the Chief Communications Officer — will play a critical role in crafting and executing impactful public relations strategies that will increase brand awareness and promote the Yext Search Experience Cloud.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, professional communicator with extensive technology press contacts, experience working with C-level executives, as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with reporters, producers, and editors in print, digital and social publications, pitching Yext stories that match the outlet and audience.
- Actively seek out narratives, angles, and relevant external news stories for impactful technology and innovation coverage
- Draft and edit documents such as press releases and bylines, crafting quotes from Yext spokespeople and content in the appropriate voice
- Collaborate with various departments to proactively tell stories about Yext with the goal of building brand recognition and reputation
- Continually look for ways to optimize Yext’s communications strategy to improve performance and results
- Support international public relations efforts
- Develop strategic external communications plans for Yext executives, including preparing them for interviews in formats ranging from print to TV
- Provide managerial expertise, hit tight deadlines, and be a team player
- 5-7 years of relevant experience - particularly in the technology industry
- Bachelor’s degree or similar college level education
- Experience in successfully managing teams and leading projects
- Extensive knowledge from both the agency world and in-house preferred
- Experience owning a media strategy from conception to execution
- Experience working with journalists and reporters, with a proven track record of securing interview opportunities and placing stories
- Extraordinary writing ability, with demonstrated creativity and attention to detail and ability to shape a narrative
- Ability to adapt to change, juggle multiple projects, and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter who is resourceful, dedicated, detail-oriented, and organized
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.