Senior Content Marketing Lead at Squarespace
The Marketing team at Squarespace is in the midst of an exciting period of growth. We are looking for a sharp and visionary content leader to help expand and scale our publishing and entertainment enterprise. The goal? To establish Squarespace as a premium, global content brand. You will lead a team of content marketers, editors, writers and social media strategists to scale the quality and quantity of our publishing, expand distribution through external partners and new formats, and launch new channels, all with the purpose of driving audience engagement, content consumption, brand favorability, and increased revenue.
While this collaborative leader should possess impeccable editorial skills this role requires deep expertise in fueling growth, specifically scale and distribution. You will lead your team and partner with cross functional collaborators such as our award-winning creative department and product leads to open up new avenues across emerging (audio, streaming, thought leadership, experiential) and established SQSP formats (blog, CRM, long-form video, social). The ideal candidate is deeply interested in content and culture, and understands how to motivate a team to produce and amplify exceptional work that makes an impact and engages our community.
You will report into the Head of Brand Strategy, Content and Partnerships.
- Help guide a system and culture of content creation that embodies our brand, provides value to our community, and aligns with our larger business goals
- Demonstrate expertise and lead strategic and complex initiatives that have impact on our direction for entertainment and publishing
- Partner with team members to analyze and evaluate workflows and recommend operational enhancements to improve efficiency
- Bring a passion for innovation and content management, capable of partnering with others to develop requirements and project managing those solutions through to successful implementations
- Drive and maintain key metric reporting and cost analyses to help optimize and iterate on the content strategy and to devise go-to-market localization efforts by market, globally
- Select, attract, motivate, retain, and develop team members. Mentor to support their performance and development
- Serve as a go-to contact with executive management of partner organizations and independently navigate relationships across functions and geographies
- Identify and pursue long-term opportunities based on research, analysis, and strategic view of the market
- 10+ years of experience in content development/management or growth/distribution. Foundations in journalism, publishing, or new media preferred
- Experience building, launching, and scaling products. Proven record of developing and executing new content series and content partnerships.
- Experience expanding content to global audiences -- through partnerships, global contributors, localization.
- Experience working with publishers and content producers related to digital distribution business models
- 2+ years of experience motivating and leading a high performing team
- Experience influencing and communicating cross-functionally and with management at all levels
- An entrepreneurial mindset, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action
- Innovative and culturally attuned content perspective. Experience working at a media brand, preferably across various mediums and styles including tech, lifestyle, news, etc.
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,100 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.