Senior Copywriter at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
At Braze, we use technology to humanize connections between brands and customers. We believe human beings want to be spoken to like human beings, and technology like ours can help brands do that at scale. That’s why how we communicate with our existing and potential customers is so incredibly important to us.
Help shape how we build those connections with our audience. You will partner with cross-disciplinary teams to activate the Braze brand voice and vision, driving awareness, and demand for our innovative technology. Your portfolio should demonstrate solid brand messaging chops across a wide variety of channels.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Conceptualize messaging solutions that maintain the consistency of the Braze brand across channels
- Act as a consultant across the organization regarding brand voice
- Act as a lead contributor on website copy, emails and newsletters, advertising campaigns, video scripts, brochure copy, and any and all promotional material
- Collaborate productively with other Braze teams within marketing (Creative Studio, Demand Generation, Customer Marketing, Regional Marketing, Product Marketing, Events) and outside of marketing (Sales, Business Development, Industries, Customer Success, Business Insights, Product, People) throughout the creative process from concept to production
- Synthesize complex, technical concepts into easy-to-comprehend and engaging messaging
- Test and iterate to optimize conversion rates
- Copyediting speaker presentations (decks, occasionally talk tracks)
- Produce copy for full email nurtures
- Craft engaging collateral for corporate events (Owned conference series, Cannes, etc.)
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a positive, sleeves-rolled-up practitioner who thrives on navigating the shifting priorities of a rapidly evolving tech space. You take pride in writing the cleanest copy and your “writer’s muscle” is so strong that there isn’t a deadline you haven’t crushed. Nobody unsubscribes to the newsletters you write and the infographics you’ve scripted go viral. The video scripts you’ve delivered are so clear and concise that videographers breathe a sigh of relief when they see you are partnered with them. And the digital experiences you’ve crafted, be it website copy or advertising campaigns, glow with creativity.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates versatility and experience within a range of content formats
- Expert in buyer-focused messaging for a B2B audience, including a diverse range of personas
- Enthusiastic collaborator with exceptional communication skills
- Impeccable writing and editing skills, with the ability to spot grammar mistakes at a distance.
- Knowledge of industry tools (AP Style Guide, Word, GSuite)
- Knowledge of SEO fundamentals, including meta tags
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience writing for and/or knowledge of marketing, martech, SaaS and B2B
- Ability to prioritize multiple, demanding tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
- Bonus Points:
- Experience with HTML, CMS's, Keynote, Figma, Asana, or Adobe InDesign
WHAT WE OFFER
Our aim is to foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals feel respected, are treated fairly, can achieve work-life harmony, and have an opportunity to excel in their careers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401(k)
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance work and life in the way that suits you best
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.