Senior Corporate Communications Manager at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Grubhub is looking for a Sr. Manager to join the company’s Communications team, reporting to the Vice President of Communications. This person will manage both our national and local media relations strategy on policy and government relations matters. He or she will also execute proactively and reactively to reinforce Grubhub’s industry leading position in online and mobile food ordering, and help tell our corporate narrative.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, resourceful, determined, and entrepreneurial with experience in creating, managing, and executing proactive campaigns that tell a company’s story, reinforces brand promises, and highlights points of differentiation in a highly competitive landscape. This person will need to handle several concurrent projects, act as a trusted advisor to members of Grubhub’s executive management team and manage/mentor team members. This person will also work closely with the communications, public affairs and legal teams to create and tell new higher-level corporate narratives, and ensure consistency in messaging across all our lines of business. Strong writing and storytelling skills are a must, as well as the ability to keep up with a fast-paced environment.
In this role you will:
- Work with the corporate communications team, helping to optimize and implement media relations programs demonstrating Grubhub’s value proposition through national and local reporters, trade outlets, crisis situations, and corporate social responsibility
- Primary responsibilities are communications and media relations to support our public affairs efforts and to work across teams to develop communications for stakeholders such as our restaurant network and driver network
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build compelling story angles that will resonate with media across different categories and disciplines
- Create messaging and materials for both specific announcements and for use in an ongoing basis
- Act as a company spokesperson, when appropriate
You Should Have
- Minimum 8 years experience in a corporate-focused or public affairs field, ideally with experience at publicly traded companies
- An amazing contact list of national and local business and financial media, including broadcast outlets
- A proven track record in developing and leading communications programs, with the results to show for it
- Superior writing skills for a variety of stakeholder audiences
- A natural storytelling disposition, and the ability to create narratives out of anything
- Experience in, and a keen eye for, leveraging data to tell national and local media stories
- The ability to work well within a team, willing to roll up your sleeves and always putting our company mission first
Got These? Even Better!
- Some experience in consumer communications to complement our corporate lead
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience working with/managing external agency partners
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.