Senior Creative Designer, Advertising at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is seeking an entrepreneurial and experienced designer to lead the development of social media and brand advertising campaigns that break-through the noise and drive our business, brand, and mission forward.
As the Senior Creative Designer, Advertising, you will report to the Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing and be responsible for translating business and brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts and assets that support touch points along the prospect and customer journey. You have experience developing attention-grabbing multi-channel advertising campaigns including paid social, digital display, OOH, experiential, print, and direct mail. With an eye for aesthetic, you possess the ability to solve big design challenges while sweating the smallest details. You have a strong portfolio of work and understand what it takes to develop great creative. You’ll partner closely with our Creative Manager to conceptualize and design campaigns that span multiple channels and drive brand awareness and lead generation.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Create high quality impactful design concepts that shape the Justworks brand across all media and executions
- Lead the execution of all assets for marketing campaigns, including paid social, digital display, print, OOH, activations, direct mail, and more
- Partner with Creative Manager on the creative process for all channels; including insights gathering, concepting, feedback loop, and timely delivery of assets
- Work with Performance Marketing team to understand creative performance and implement testing plans
- Manage creative production and operations to make sure the organization and reporting of work is consistent, file management is structured and the cost implications of creative decisions are tracked
- Partner closely with marketing leaders and other key stakeholders to ensure creative elevates the brand and delivers on customer acquisition goals
- Work closely with the Experience Design and Product Design leaders to maintain a cohesive and creative design ethos and approach across all design disciplines at Justworks
- Drive a creative vision and be a source for inspiration across the broader marketing and design teams
- Partner with the team to test and optimize performance to drive lead generation and improve conversion rates
- Be comfortable reviewing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to continue to inform and evolve design strategy
- Meet tight deadlines and pivot quickly when priorities change
- Communicate in-process and finished work to stakeholders
As Senior Creative Designer, Advertising, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Functional expertise - subject matter expertise of specific function(s), including knowledge of principles, practices, and domain knowledge.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of design experience at a creative agency or on a brand creative team
- Minimum of 3 years of experience delivering brand and performance focused campaigns
- Experience working on B2B brands/products and/or complex industries
- Have a strong interest in and working knowledge of brand development, advertising, and the creative process
- Advanced portfolio with relevant work examples
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch and/or Figma
- Strong knowledge of layout, color, grids, icons, typography, proportion, photography, post-production, and retouching process
- Strong conceptual thinker with excellent communication (verbal, written, visual); ability to propose ideas across teams, and contextualize multiple ideas in relation to one another
- Passionate about branding, storytelling, and producing engaging content and campaigns
- Detail-oriented and excellent project manager; able to prioritize and manage multiple work streams and adhere to critical timelines
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment and comfortable operating without all the answers
- Bonus points for animation and/or HTML5 skills
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and your portfolio.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment