Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We are passionate about engaging communities of developers.
As a Senior Developer Marketing Manager, you will create delightful experiences (virtual/in-person) that empower and enable the global community of developers, startups, and small businesses to learn, grow, connect, and scale their software applications and SaaS businesses.
You will manage and scale programs that drive awareness and engagement for DigitalOcean.
You will produce and share technical talks, demos, and stories about how people are using DigitalOcean to create software that changes the world.
You will manage and produce live streams (YouTube Live, LinkedIn Live, Facebook Live, Twitch, etc.), podcasts (Soundcloud, iTunes, Clubhouse, etc.), and events (in-person, hybrid, and virtual) that bring our global community together and keep them engaged.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Drive brand awareness, equity, and love
Plan, execute, amplify, and scale virtual and in-person experiences that delight developers everywhere.
- Live streams development and production
Manage editorial calendar; source, schedule, and prepare internal and external speakers; work with subject matter experts and the Developer Relations and Digital Experience teams to publish timely, helpful, and high-quality live streams. You will be producing and moderating weekly live streams.
- Live streams marketing
Manage marketing campaigns that drive customers and future customers to registering and attending live streams, and that help them build and scale on DigitalOcean. Campaign channels include email, social media, newsletters, paid advertising, grassroots outreach, etc. Work with the greater marketing team on campaign execution and reporting.
- Building and fostering relationships
Connect community members with internal and external developer educators, advocates, and thought leaders. Keep up to date with the most wide-reaching, user-friendly, and inclusive platforms and tools that keep developers inspired, informed, and engaged.
- Operational excellence
Continuously iterate on best practices that balance operational efficiency and successful execution by creating and maintaining documentation, training and coaching peers, and leveraging automation tools and resources.
- Analyzing results to inform recommendations
Create reporting frameworks to measure success of customer campaigns and lead generation, close loop with stakeholders on performance, and offer ideas for program improvements
- Working cross-functionally Work with Developer Relations, Digital Experience, Content & Communications, and Growth Marketing teams to execute experiences that enable current and future customers to succeed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a knack for transforming complex technical concepts into inspiring, digestible, and approachable explanations, talk abstracts, case studies, copy, and sound bites.
- Proven record of organizing in-person and virtual events, engaging with the developer community, and/or running programs at scale to support communities.
- You are great at fostering relationships in person and online, at scale.
- Analytical and data-driven in your approach to building and nurturing communities.
- You have experience facilitating sensitive and complex community situations with humility, empathy, judgment, tact, and humor.
- Passion for software development, startups, and SMBs.
- Familiarity with developer tools, cloud technologies, Git, Containers, Kubernetes, and other technologies in the Cloud Native landscape.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!