Skillshare is seeking a talented and motivated brand marketing leader with proven experience establishing and growing brands. We are looking for someone with the ability to develop impactful brand marketing strategies & campaigns, inspire our content & creative teams and build Skillshare’s global brand presence. As Senior Director, Brand Marketing you will manage the Brand Marketing team and develop engaging content and campaigns that bring Skillshare’s brand to life. This person will act as a connective tissue for the brand vision cross functionally (Creative, Content, Product, Sales, Retention, Community and Growth) to drive brand growth, awareness and retention.
Reporting to Skillshare’s Chief Marketing Officer, the Senior Director, Brand Marketing will be a hands-on yet strategic leader, and will be responsible for building and growing the Brand marketing team.
What you’ll do day to day:
- In partnership with our CMO & Content team, help execute & evolve Skillshare’s long term brand vision and strategies, and ensure these come to life across all brand touchpoints and marketing channels
- Work alongside Creative to create fun, inspirational and winning content and marketing campaigns that showcase the power of Skillshare
- Oversee and manage the Brand Marketing team in the development and implementation of product launches, promotions, content, and brand portfolio
- Be the brand evangelist and influence company leadership and cross-functional teams, ensuring brand strategy is reflected across the business
- Understand and stay abreast of market trends, competitive landscape and audience behavior to inform strategy and creative development
- Lead and own the development of the marketing calendar with full accountability to ensure all new launches are delivered on time and at the right margin
- Manage Brand marketing budget and agency partners
Why we’re excited about you:
- Results-oriented brand marketer with experience building and evolving a brand from inception, early stages, or through a pivot in brand positioning
- Excellent leadership and team building/management skills, with prior experience building a team from the ground up
- Experience translating insights, ideas and data into customer value
- Hands-on, yet strategic leader with a unique ability to generate executive buy-in and influence & motivate change across all levels of an organization
- Passion for creativity, innovation and thinking outside the box
- Ability to build strategy documents and presentation decks
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear and concise direction and feedback to internal and external stakeholders
Why you’re excited about us:
Impact: You’ll be at the heart of helping to create a brand millions love from the ground up.
Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.