Senior Director of Communications at Electric
Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners, 01 Advisors and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
About the Role
As a gifted communicator reporting to the CMO, this person will lead a team of five (5) in addition to a PR agency to elevate all areas of the brand, content, product marketing, customer marketing and PR to prospects and customers.
You and your team will be the bedrock for Electric’s communication across the buyer journey and will be the reason that companies choose us. As the leader of the communication’s team, you will be responsible for both individual and team objectives with sales pipeline improvement as the key measurement of success. The list below suggests a few of the focus areas, but is not exhaustive of the scope; this person will have the autonomy to implement the most effective strategies and tactics.
Individual Contributor Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the CMO to craft and evangelize our story
- Create an influencer strategy (local and national celebrity IT leaders) to differentiate our brand from the pack
- Establish and maintain content standards in terms of quality, tone, style and grammar
- Public Relations
- Manage a PR agency (N6A) to get stories placed
- Prepare executives for media interviews and external events/speaking opportunities, as appropriate
- Analyze and measure results of PR programs
- Work with internal/external groups to create compelling content
- Develop and implement a cross-channel content marketing strategy that translates business and marketing goals into meaningful content deliverables
- Create and maintain a functional editorial calendar for corporate content
- Manage the content development process from end to end working with both internal and external content contributors and creative resources
- Product Marketing
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to develop a comprehensive rollout plan and go-to-market strategies for all new products and features including positioning, messaging, message timing, target audiences, communication channels, sales scripts, and adoption metrics
- Customer Marketing
- Determine customer marketing objectives: define what success looks like, and track the results of our efforts
- Create cross-sell/upsell/expansion opportunities
- Develop a customer marketing playbook to increase customer adoption
- Managerial: you’ve managed before, and like to do it. You’re good at getting teams to paddle in the right direction and know how to coach & develop staff on PR, content, product, and customer marketing best practices
- Verbosity: you love to write and believe in the power of words. You like to work with other people to unlock the knowledge they have and help them craft a better story
- Versatility: while you’ll lead and manage you’re also able to write. You need to be able to think strategically, but get your team focused on the tactics that will drive impact
- Personality: you're a team player that likes to win. You are also a good human being
- Data-driven: you’re a fantastic communicator, but you’re able to convert that into measurable improvements to our pipeline
- Adaptability: you thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process and cutting-edge technology to have a huge impact
Additional qualifications include:
- 7-9 years operating in relevant marketing disciplines
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Experience working with agency partners
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.