Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
OwnBackup is in hyper-growth mode, and we’re building out our Communications team. We’re starting with a Corporate Communications Senior Director to build and protect OwnBackup’s reputation — and support our business objectives through integrated internal and external communications strategies and plans. You will craft and drive a consistent narrative and create engaging executive content platforms to help bolster OwnBackup’s mission. This leader will work collaboratively throughout the company to discover stories that positively amplify our brand.
This role reports to the VP of Corporate Marketing and Communications.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Create thought leadership and executive communications strategy that leverages executive spokespeople to build brand awareness and reputation
- Build and lead C-level external communications activities, including unique messaging platforms, media interviews, speaking opportunities, social media content development and bylines
- Drive external communications strategy for major corporate initiatives
- Help create employer brand amplification (culture, career development, values, benefits and more)
- Lead crisis management globally; work across teams to develop proactive and reactive communication strategies and messaging to mitigate a variety of issues that may impact the company’s reputation
- Know how to build scenario-based communication plans to be prepared for various corporate communications initiatives and challenges before they happen
- Build relationships with key business and financial media to secure stories that highlight OwnBackup’s market opportunity
- Hire, retain and develop small team
- 12+ years of communications experience
- Strong leader with experience managing teams and helping them succeed, as well as working in a growing and fast-paced environment
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work alongside C-level executives as a trusted advisor
- Balance of strategic vision with tactical execution — you see the larger picture, but you can also dig into the details to help the team get things finished
- Proven track record working with top-tier business and financial reporters to secure stories that advance company priorities
- Commitment to achieving measurable results
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects at a time and deliver quality work under pressure
- Operating with a sense of urgency
- Experience working with and managing agency partners
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Journalism, Communications or Writing/English; an MBA is a bonus
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.