Cedar is improving the financial experience for healthcare consumers. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling hospitals, medical groups and health systems to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
We’re looking for a Senior Director, Demand Generation to drive rapid and quality growth of our national health system and physician group client base across the United States. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Senior Director of Demand Generation will be responsible for owning Cedar’s demand generation strategy and executing scalable, data-driven initiatives and campaigns that drive qualified leads to our sales team. We need a results-driven, sales-focused demand generation expert who understands both traditional and account-based marketing (ABM), thrives in a fast-paced environment and wakes up every day excited to execute, measure, and optimize marketing campaigns that identify and nurture leads. This is an exciting opportunity to build a leading demand generation function and support the growth of a company that is positively impacting the financial experience for patients.
Your mission: Architect a demand generation engine -- with a particular focus on ABM -- that will create the predictable pipeline needed to create a multi-million dollar recurring revenue business. This role requires leadership and vision, along with a deep understanding of what it takes to build a demand organization (team structure, metrics, channels, targets & budgets).
You’ll own and execute a multi-channel demand generation strategy for inbound leads and partner closely with the Head of Partnerships on overall provider growth strategy, sales enablement, and toolstack adjustments to support data-driven decision-making. You will be responsible for building out dashboards for measuring and sharing results on growth KPIs. The ideal candidate has experience in high velocity B2B/B2B2C marketing initiatives including paid media, advertising, search, email, virtual and in-person events, and is comfortable in a fluid, fast-paced start-up environment. This person must have the ability to think strategically, a strong bias for action, and a passion for Cedar’s mission to improve the patient experience.
- Deliver predictable pipeline at scale and create a dominant market position in a space where a significant percentage of pipeline is generated from a relatively small number of named target accounts
- Collaborate with sales and marketing leadership to establish priorities, goals and targets, and develop strategic and tactical plans to deliver on those targets.
- Create and develop integrated programs and campaigns aligned with new market launches, as well as existing upsell / cross-sell opportunities
- Partner cross-functionally with the sales team to identify opportunities for pipeline growth and acceleration
- Provide strategy and vision around our pivot to account based marketing and a virtual-heavy experiential marketing plan (vs. more traditional in-person events)
- Design and implement a system of target setting and measurement to achieve pipeline goals, eliminating the need for ad-hoc measurement and aligning to our Commercial vision
- Partner with creative/brand team to develop ad assets, landing pages, etc. for marketing and sales
- Create a unified pipeline team (campaigns, digital, experience) in concert with our sales function with a culture of excellence and a clear system for understanding priorities, aligning to them, and accountability for delivering results
- Develop and optimize a first-class digital experience with clear digital journeys and performance scorecards designed and implemented for key personas in target verticals
- Help lead, recruit, motivate, and mentor a team of high-performing, data-driven marketers (performance marketing and experiential marketing report into the Demand Generation lead role)
Required Skills & Experience
- 7-10+ years operating in a complex, enterprise sales driven technology company (5+ years in B2B SaaS or healthcare is preferred)
- Seasoned people leader, with a developed sense of what drives strong team alignment and culture
- Mix of large company (operating at scale) and small company (scrappy execution) experiences
- Track record of synthesising a specific go-to-market strategy into the appropriate mix of demand generation tactics (vs. applying pre-designed frameworks)
- Has a passion for understanding customers/buyer pains and needs, and can align the organization to address
- Demonstrated ability to lead directly and through influence to drive execution of a strategy
- Direct leadership or close familiarity with different aspects of enterprise pipeline generation: digital marketing, integrated campaigns, corporate events, and sales development teams (SDR/BDR)
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) required, MA/MBA preferred
- Deep experience with Salesforce and marketing automation/ABM systems
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly with 200,000 engaged patients a day as of May 2020
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Senior Director, Demand generation role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.