Senior Director, Internal Communications at Stash
Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Reporting to the VP Communications, you’ll play a leading role in building the internal communications processes for our rapidly scaling organization. It’s never the same day twice, and this role is structured to allow the director of communications to focus on internal comms and channels, while also influencing other aspects of our comms strategy: helping us to publicly tell the story of Stash and why it’s the right choice for everyday Americans who want to invest in themselves.
We are a fast-paced growth company—join us to work on hard, important problems, have fun, and make history.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the strategy and execution of world-class internal communications In partnership with the People, Brand and Leadership teams
- Lead the delivery of clear, concise and compelling internal communications that elevate our corporate mission, values and culture
- Develop consistent channels for internal communications to optimize our teams, strategy, goals, culture and priorities
- Partner with People Experience team on employer branding initiatives, including our corporate values and people-first, hybrid work model
- Drive new pitch ideas and fuel earned press coverage for Stash’s business success, culture, and DEI-related content
- Partner with Comms and Brand leaders to help build a culturally dynamic lifestyle brand (think Apple or Nike for personal investing) that resonates internally and externally
Who You Are:
- Genuinely excited by Stash’s mission and the opportunity to use your creative talents to address wealth inequality by working directly with leaders to communicate their goals
- Capable of rallying employees—motivating them to build a company and product that uplifts the financial future of millions of Americans
- A person who values open, two-way communication and building processes from the ground-up
- Flexible and willing to roll up your sleeves. In one day, the Director, Communications might write a memo for the CEO, oversee a prep session for an upcoming all-hands, draft a plan for an org change, and weigh in on an upcoming brand campaign roll-out.
- Interested in transforming internal happenings into creative storytelling opportunities across platforms and for audiences that includes employees, media, and customers
What you Bring to the Table:
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Experience building and executing successful internal communications strategies
- A track record of creative campaign and story ideas with demonstrated results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience with and/or deep understanding of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Experience with positive change management
- Positive, self-starter attitude with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation,
and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that
we hire, grow, and retain, and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the
customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for
people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran
status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and
- Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please**