Senior Director, Marketing and Communications
- Develop and implement a cohesive, integrated, and strategic marketing plan designed to achieve defined corporate Bluecore goals.
- Nurture and develop a highly skilled team of marketers focused on communications, public relations, events, content and design.
- Manage and direct public relations agency, contractors, etc to secure relevant press coverage in industry leading publications.
- Build, manage, and monitor the annual marketing budget including events, technologies, continued learning, and sponsorships.
- Develop customer advocacy and referral programs, including a Bluecore Customer Advisory Board and other touchpoints to understand market needs and readiness.
- Lead all messaging efforts and maintain a current messaging platform that ensures consistency and relevance for Bluecore in the retail technology sector.
- Work in lockstep with the SVP of Sales, VP of Customer Success and Senior Director of Product Marketing to align objectives and improve sales processes including messaging, material verticalization, use case development and case studies.
- Measure key marketing metrics with an eye for continuous improvements and efficiencies.
- Develop customer and partner marketing messaging frameworks that educate, grow, and drive joint value across the Bluecore ecosystem.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing impact for the Management team and Board.
- Forecast hiring needs and recruit world-class marketing talent to build out the team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing or related discipline; MBA preferred but not required
- Minimum 10 years of marketing experience at a high growth company in a related industry
- Experience with a SaaS B2B company preferred, particularly in the Marketing technology, AI, or Data space and/or with a retail focus
- 5+ years of marketing leadership experience and experience leading a team
- Strong people leadership capabilities that inspire, manage performance and develop talent
- Proven leadership experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing defined corporate strategies that include lead generation, target market coverage, sentiment, and referenceable customers
- Experience in building brand awareness and recognition
- Strong communication skills, including press and agency relationships for PR and thought leadership distribution
- Reputable marketing leader and a highly effective and experienced public speaker
- Entrepreneurial and work well in a rapidly changing environment
- Customer-centric and can identify and meet Bluecore’s customer needs using an accessible voice that drives awareness and adoption of Bluecore products, partnerships, and services
- Experience working cross-functionally to ensure marketing programs are in line with company objectives, and socialized accordingly
- Metrics driven and have the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data and work closely with business or marketing operation teams or analysts in the past