Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of USD$150m+ & a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series C in 2019, raising US$48m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment will support our continued investment in research & development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having great fun transforming the world of ecommerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role:
The mission of this role is to accelerate product adoption by owning product marketing content and GTM strategy for a Rokt product - make it simple for clients to understand the value Rokt can add.
Reporting into the VP of Product Marketing, the Product Marketing Director is a senior level role key in supporting the Product Marketing function. You’ll collaborate closely with the Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Product teams across the Rokt suite of products.
Outcomes and responsibilities:
- Produce best-in-class marketing materials - reduce sales cycle time by 20%
- Uplevel all collateral produced by the team that represent Rokt as a market leader. Ensure uniform branding, design and tone of voice, striving to ensure every output is best in class.
- Build our most impactful content, from white-papers on our technology, to conference presentations. Apply deep knowledge of how Rokt works to digestible market-facing collateral that clearly outlines our value proposition.
- Guide the prioritization, development and implementation of case studies and research to communicate the benefits of the Rokt product suite
- Understand our champion our users and the market -
- Apply in depth market and persona knowledge to bring the voice of the user into everything we do.
- Develop a cohesive approach to the look and feel of the collateral Rokt produces. Apply our messaging matrix, champion our tone of voice and progress our design/style guides
- Build and continually assess competitive offerings to ensure product differentiation and competitiveness
- Understand our champion our users and the market -
- Implement product-market best practices to our strategy - reduce time-to-market for new product launches by 25%
- Work on our most critical product and feature launches, from idea conception through go-to-market. This will involve deep collaboration with our product, customer success and business development teams. Championing market needs is crucial for success.
- Drive measurement product adoption globally, and develop recommendations for new growth initiatives
- Elevate the team - improve team satisfaction by 15%
- Coach the product marketing team and our stakeholders in all areas of the product marketing skill set. Identify efficiencies we can achieve and opportunities to grow product marketing’s impact on the company.
- Work with internal and external third partners such as designers and agencies to ensure briefs are communicated effectively and met on time.
Capabilities & requirements:
- Proven B2B product marketing leader with 6+ years of experience with technical product and experience building revenue generating programs in fast growth organizations
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Excellent management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Deep product/industry knowledge and ability to rapidly digest complex concepts and translate them into digestible marketing output
- Self-reliant, a good problem solver who is results oriented
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively interface with leadership team
- Resilience and tenacity:
- Adaptable: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; eager to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to help make projects and clients successful
- Efficiency: able to deliver significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Proactive: acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the table.
- Persistence: demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get it done.
- Energetic, flexible and driven; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiative.
- Emotional intelligence:
- Ability to develop other team members.
- Teamwork: works effectively with diverse geographically separated teams (clients and Rokt’stars). Able to build collaborative working relationships.
- Calm under pressure
- Communication: speaks and writes succinctly and clearly.
- Listening skills: seeks to understand others.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.