Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that champions these core values we would love to hear from you.The Role
As a Senior Email Deliverability Manager at Simon Data, you will help launch our ESP product by providing expert advice, support, and guidance to a broad range of customers, helping them to successfully onboard, troubleshoot problems and incorporate email best-practice into their strategy to improve inbox placement and return on investment. You will play a key-role in our customers growth and support both sales and service teams in their efforts to turn our clients communication vision into reality.What You’ll Do
- Implement and lead email delivery monitoring; build plans to improve email deliverability of marketing emails
- Monitor and manage IP and domain reputation to ensure maximum email deliverability
- Partner with cross-functional teams to prioritize and execute on improvements to Simon Data’s email product
- Partner with product managers, software engineers and security teams to define system requirements, guide development, and continuously drive improvements of the email delivery component of the service
- Assist in the upsell of our email product to existing non-email customers and the sale of the product to net-new prospects
- Define the scopes of both basic and premium deliverability service offerings
- Establish critical metrics to measure email system efficacy and drive measurable improvement to system
- Optimize cross-functional processes to meet the organization’s needs as we scale
- Identify incidents and negative trends and collaborate with Product, Engineering and Security teams to quickly resolve them
- Be an SME for Engineering, Legal, Security, Client Solutions and occasionally Sales, on how to structure policies, procedures, and tooling related to email-dependent systems
- Ensure Simon Data is on top of the latest compliance and deliverability trends, technologies, and strategies by engaging with industry leaders and organizations (this may also include representing Highspot externally with industry groups)
- 5+ years experience in email consultancy and deliverability, ideally supporting both end-clients and platforms (e.g. ISPs)
- Knowledge of the SMTP protocol, mail servers, and a prior knowledge of ISP procedures (feedback loops, postmaster pages, etc.)
- Familiarity with email APIs (Sparkpost, SendGrid) and deliverability tools (ReturnPath, 250ok, eDataSource, Valimail, Email On Acid)
- Deep expertise on authentication protocols (e.g., DKIM, SPF, DMARC, IP addresses), and bounce categorization
- An understanding of global privacy and anti-spam legislation (GDPR, CASL, CAN-SPAM etc.)
- Deep understanding of using data to continuously test, measure, and optimize marketing programs
- A channel-agnostic approach to customer communication, nurturing the end-recipients experience and developing an understanding how each of your clients measures success
- The ability to get to the heart of customer needs quickly, and to earn trust rapidly
- Experience identifying and supporting sales opportunities
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.