Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building a global brand customers love.
We are looking for an experienced Growth Marketing Manager to lead our B2B customer acquisition strategy and execution. Reporting to the Director of Growth, you will help define and execute the marketing campaign strategy for business customers across organic, paid and referral channels. You will be responsible for driving acquisition of new target businesses through integrated campaigns and developing existing customer marketing programs for re-engagement and adoption.
The reward? You will get to work with a team of high-energy and dedicated marketing, product, and creative professionals. In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop proactive and perpetual marketing programs that:
- Scale our referral and affiliate program
- Drive new business customers through agency and reseller channels
- Nurture and convert users throughout the funnel
- Drive acquisition of new target businesses through new channels and partners
- Develop existing customer marketing programs for re-engagement across multiple channels and touchpoints
- Campaign Strategy (Thinks big, business acumen, attention to detail)
- Develop comprehensive marketing plans to target, engage, convert businesses
- Propose new channels for growth
- Partners with Product Marketing on a support content strategy
- Analyze results and optimize programs
- Support product launch execution and post-launch activities
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of current customers and identifying market opportunities
- Campaign Execution (Hands-on, roll up the sleeves)
- Articulates a vision for a campaign and its associated assets through whiteboarding, sketches, wireframing, etc.
- Write first draft and final copy
- Work cross functionally with teams to develop needed assets
- Targeting, copy and supporting analysis for relevant paid media
- Execute simple A/B tests
- Funnel reporting and insights
- Use Marketo / SFDC / similar to build flows and SLAs between sales & marketing
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Can execute hands-on
- Worked on the B2B/commercial side of a bottoms-up technology company or large scale consumer technology organization.
- Familiarity with the developer tools ecosystem
- Experience across multiple companies driving customer acquisition across many channels: content, referral programs, channel sales, etc
- Prior experience with relevant marketing software: GTM, paid media channels, Marketo and Salesforce.
- Can create basic SQL queries from scratch
- Experience running A/B tests: implementing the HTML/CSS, as well as the analysis
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.