Senior Manager, Brand, Campaigns and Partnerships at theSkimm
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm marketing team is a small group of fast-moving, data-driven and creative thinkers who nurture and grow theSkimm brand and community, while driving audience growth and engagement across all platforms. The Senior Manager of Brand, Campaigns & Partnerships is a newly-created role focused on mission and marketing partnerships, campaigns and bringing our brand to life.
The Senior Manager of Brand, Campaigns & Partnerships will report to the Vice President, Brand Marketing. In 2021, we’re gearing up to continue making an impact for millenial women and enabling them to live their smartest lives. We need a partner who will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of marketing activations across brand partnerships, mission moments, campaigns and strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate will be equal parts strategic and creative, have industry intel and enthusiasm, be proactive and meticulously organized, and be willing to roll up his or her sleeves to get things done.
The Senior Manager will serve as a leader, collaborator and partner to the Marketing team. They will work in close partnership with teams across theSkimm including Communications, Content, Sales, Business Development, Design, Strategy, Data, Product and more. This role has one direct report as well as relationship-management and operational responsibilities. They will often manage multiple, concurrent campaigns and partnerships while moving at a fast pace.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Lead brand partnerships strategy and execution for theSkimm
- Build, nurture and grow brand partnerships and relationships on behalf of theSkimm to align with our brand, audience, events and priority campaigns
- Drive and execute strategies and go-to-market plans for brand partnerships and campaigns, implementing them in close collaboration with Sales, Content, Communications and the broader marketing team
- Build, execute and drive brand, mission and marketing campaigns in partnership with growth-marketing and the brand teams
- Ideate, create and initiate campaign concepting for both owned and partner campaigns and activations
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing Associate, as well as agencies, vendors and partners
- Maintain continuous communication with key internal stakeholders for cross-functional alignment
- Track and analyze key partnership, campaign and marketing metrics and performance with oversight of budgets and responsibility for reporting to ensure that all campaigns and partnerships are data driven
- Streamline campaign processes and operations by using tools to reduce costs and improve efficiencies
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 7+ years of full-time experience in marketing, partnerships and/or events working in high volume, fast-paced environments
- Managerial skills and a talent for nurturing and collaborating with team members and direct reports
- A finger on the pulse of the industry, intel into the competitive landscape, emerging trends and marquee events and brands
- Strong project management skills with experience executing marketing campaigns and events, in addition to exceptional organizational, budgetary and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally
- Client/relationship, partnership or sales experience
- Experience working with product and design teams
- Passion for theSkimm's brand and products
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.