Senior Manager, Brand Retail Marketing at Harry's Inc. (Greater NYC Area, NY)
The Harry’s NA Team is responsible for the growth and success of the Harry’s brand and for realizing the brand vision to become a truly omnichannel men’s care brand. We are building the flagship CPG 2.0 brand that disrupts the personal care category to create a better experience for customers. We are responsible for Harry's P&L in NA, developing commercial and innovation roadmaps, building a disruptive brand that’s shaping culture, and a financial plan with clear KPIs across the business.
About the role
Harry’s is looking for a brand marketer with experience in integrating consumer and commercial marketing programs, thoughtfully translating brand strategy across retail channels in unique and creative ways. This role is the bridge between Brand and Retail Marketing. This role works on both upstream and downstream brand marketing planning. This role serves as the voice of Retail in building brand plans, calendars and campaigns in addition to building the strategy for how we activate across retailers, working with retailer and channel specific shopper marketers to execute. You’ll live and breathe the way Harry’s shows up at retail - ensuring we tell innovative and thoughtful narratives and stories as a brand while hitting our goals and KPIs. Your pulse on the category and shopper trends will help us build exciting retail programs that will bring Harry’s to more customers.
What you will accomplish
- Be the voice of Retail in all brand planning and strategy discussions, adding a perspective of jobs to be done across the our retailer landscape and building integrated marketing campaigns
- Translate brand priorities to succinct, key priorities for our retail sales and shopper marketing teams, ensuring they are making the right trade-offs to support the business at retail; can also think big and provide a perspective on retail marketing activations that truly move the needle at retail
- Own and manage the brand toolkit to give retail teams clarity on priorities, comms hierarchy (key narratives and messages to be told) and key assets to activate joint marketing programs
- Drive brand understanding and support for the brand both internally and externally, help educate and create a shared understanding of brand positioning, guidelines, consumer targets, key insights, campaign overviews, etc
- Collaborates with retailer shopper marketers to develop joint marketing programs that tie back to brand strategy, priorities and KPIs.
- Mentors and provides strategic perspective on brand, category and shopper trends to push thinking across retail leadership
- Takes learnings from executed retailer programs and adapts brand plans and recommendations to optimize retail trade spend to meet brand KPIs
- Support key retailer line review, joint planning conversations and long range plan meetings, providing recommendations on how big ideas and innovation come to life from a marketing perspective; helps shape brand story and envisions opportunities to help drive growth for our retailers
This should describe you
- 7+ years experience working in a role focused on adapting brand narrative and stories for the retail landscape, setting the strategy for what needs to be communicated to our retail shoppers to drive brand KPIs
- Curiosity on consumer, category and shopper trends and how brands can show up uniquely at retail and on dot com that resonates with the target consumer and moves the needle against KPIs
- Organized and able to see through projects from start to finish: knows how to drive high level strategy but can also steer projects to completion
- Ruthless prioritizer: can prioritize not only business needs and activities, but also their day-to-day to ensure focus on the most important projects to meet brand KPIs at retail
- Collaborator and strong cross functional influencer: you are a serial collaborator with a proven track record of gaining alignment and influence quickly with a diverse group of stakeholders. You can navigate conversations between brand marketers and retail marketers.
- Strong communicator: can push thinking and steer strategy internally; can share brand vision and advocate for the customer externally
- Business Acumen: can understand key drivers of the business and know how to prioritize marketing activities accordingly; is financially minded and can quickly size and action opportunities against the impact to our business
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to Kathleen Ryan, Director of Brand, Shave
- Working on the Shave Brand Team
- Which teams would they work with cross-functionally: Retail, Brand Comms
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.