Senior Manager, Communications at Flatiron Health
NYC or Remote
We're looking for a Senior Manager, Communications to help advance our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, you'll help to build our brand by strategically sharing stories of our innovation and impact with diverse audiences, and helping us all stay abreast of external conversations relevant to our business and our issues in the dynamic fields of cancer research, healthcare and technology.
- Contribute to, and lead execution of, measurable external communications strategies and plans that are benchmarked against peers and best practices
- Help our thought leaders communicate often complex scientific concepts in ways that engage a range of important audiences
- Develop and share content that delivers key messages across our owned digital platforms and channels
- Develop and own a creative, best-practice and measurable social media strategy
- Own issues management, both monitoring platforms and knowledge-sharing
- Set and monitor external communications’ team and project KPIs
- Forge relationships with key internal and external/partner stakeholders
- Own and exemplify Flatiron’s verbal style, sharing guides and templates that help everyone sing in harmony
- Collaborate closely with Internal Communications and Brand teams to help all Flatiron employees to be informed, engaged brand ambassadors who clearly, consistently and effectively share our mission and work
Who You Are
You're a strong writer, creative thinker and nimble executor with 5-7 years of external communications experience. You are skilled and experienced in issues management, content strategy and creation, and managing and leveraging digital channels and analytics. You have experience researching journalists and pitches. You have a meticulous eye for detail and instinctively flex between tactics and strategy. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You are a fast, flexible and excellent writer, editor, proofreader and presenter.
- You have demonstrated the ability to understand complex topics from multiple angles, and to translate them into understandable and engaging narratives.
- You possess excellent organizational, planning and project-management skills.
- You take a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving, pivot nimbly, are comfortable in ambiguity, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ideally, you have experience working in healthcare or scientific research.
- Essentially, you recognize yourself in Flatiron’s values.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.